Healing

“Lauren, wake up.” I felt a slight nudge of my shoulder as my eyes flutter open, I immediately stretch to find that my left arm hits the back of a couch and not my bed. I look up at the suspect who nudged me, only to have my heart rapidly pounding at the beautiful face of Kai. His smile is bright, but he looks like he’s exhausted.

            “What time is it?” I question squinting at the sun shining through the window.

            “It’s ten in the morning.” He says, and I shoot up realizing I slept here the whole night. I groan, pinching the bridge of my nose, knowing that Staci is going to chew me out.

            “I’m late for work” I mutter pulling on my shoes, and Kai waits silently by the door. I run my hand through my hair, no time for a shower.

           “I can drive you.” He says already grabbing his keys before I can even protest. “I’m sure she will understand. Once she sees you with me.” He smiles.

            I laugh, “Oh no, she will get an idea. Trust me.”

            “So? Let her if she wants. You’re a grown woman, aren’t you?” We reach the tops of the stairs and I begin to sway, dizzy at the distance. Kai squeezes my hand and starts leading me down the stairs, slowly one by one.

            Once we reach the bottom, Kai doesn’t let go of my hand and pulls me over to a red car, which isn’t fancy, just a simple one with leather seats.

            I give him directions to the photography studio, and we head towards it.

            “I’m sorry about last night Kai; I didn’t mean to cause you all this trouble.”

            I glance over at him, and he’s looking at me smiling, his eyes are sad though.

            “Did you know you talk in your sleep?” I freeze, my face turning red with embarrassment.

            “Yeah…”

          He laughs unexpectedly; it’s so bubbly it makes me smile. “Stop it, now what crazy thing did I say this time?”

             He just smiles and says, “You said and I kid you not: Get the feather to save her.” And he laughs again, and I face palm.

            “I’m just glad I didn’t say anything embarrassing like I normally do.” I laugh as well and we pull up to the Photography studio Staci and I named ‘Snap Shots.’ Kai turns off the engine and looks at me, as I go to open my door, he grabs my arm and pulls me in and kisses me.

            He pulls away and whispers, “How about I get a tour of your studio?” how can I say no? So I proceed on into the studio, my receptionist Max, looks up and winks at me once he sees Kai.

            “Hey Lauren, Staci is in the back totally having a bitch fit meltdown. But, um. Who is this?”

            “This is Kai, Kai this is Max.”

            Kai outstretched his hand and grasped Max’s, and smiled genuinely. Not the usual sexy smirk he would give me constantly, it was just a nice, simple, smile. And for the first time, I wasn’t worrying about Eric, but my happiness was surely interrupted by a screech.

            “Lauren! You were supposed to be here hours ago why are you la-“Staci pauses, a stack of papers in hand, and stares at Kai in shock.

            “Um, Staci this is Kai.” He nods and smiles and grabs a hold of her hand and shakes it. Her eyes swipe down his tall frame once and she raises and eyebrow.

            “Has she told me A LOT about you” she starts to grin and I blush a mad red.

            “Oh?” he questions looking at me, and I just huff and grab a hold of Staci walking her towards the studio.

            We walk past cubicles and head straight back behind these two black curtains where we have our models pose and such. Penny, a lanky, fair faced girl one of our regulars sits in one of our lounge chairs drinking a soda. She glances up and even she stops and is mesmerized by the presence of my boyfriend…is he even my boyfriend? Do I call him that? We did kiss and stuff.

            “Penny, hop up on up there and work it for camera doll. Stop staring at Mr. Perfect over here. He’s taken.”

            And with that Kai wrapped his arm around me and squeezed me into a side hug. Penny grimaced and did what Staci instructed her to do, posing and pouting her lips. A hand on the hip here, and flick of the hair over there, Penny was beautiful and I suddenly felt self conscious for she was the model and I was the crow. She eyed me for a moment, something flashing in them before she looked off into the distance and tilted her head back for another shot.

           Oh darling, for the God has yet to notice the Goddess, for he already has a special beauty hooked at his side. A small and fragile Black Pearl.

** Guys, it took me FOREVER to work on this story because I have been piled with homework and there hasn’t been enough time. Hopefully you guys like this Chapter. Feel free to leave comments and such to let me know what I should change, shouldn’t. Until next time, take care. J **