Chapter Two: The Concert ("Daughters of Triton")

Today was a special day down in the fathoms below. A celebration was held in the honor of the Queen's birthday. Merfolk from all corners of the oceans joined together and met at King Triton's court.
A small seahorse swam into view, welcomed by trumpeters. He cleared his throat, and then announced to all, "His Royal Highness, King Triton!"
The King of the Sea came in, riding in a chariot pulled by two dolphins, wielding his trident, and he was welcomed by enthusiastic applause and cheers.
The seahorse cleared his throat again. "And now, the Distinguished Court Composer, Horatio Theolnus Ignatius Crustaceous Sebastian!"
Sebastian, a small red crab, came riding in a small seashell pulled by two goldfish, who kept pulling the seashell upside down and in any direction except for the one Sebastian needed to go in. He was welcomed by scattered applause and feeble cheers. The fish pulling his seashell stopped at King Triton's special seat where he can see the whole show.
"I'm really looking forward to this performance, Sebastian," said King Triton.
"Oh, Your Majesty!" said Sebastian. He had a thick Jamaican accent. "Dis is going to be de finest concert I have ever conducted! Your daughters, dey will be spectacular!"
King Triton leaned in to whisper to Sebastian. "Especially my little Ariel!" said he.
"Oh, yes," said Sebastian. "She has de most beautiful voice..." The fish pulled him to his music stand, where he was going to conduct the concert. "...if only dat girl would show up for rehearsals every one in a while," said Sebastian under his breath as he was pulled away.
He got out of the shell, and pulled his sheet music out with him. He raised his conducting stick and gave the orchestra the cue to start, and they broke into a brightly baroque symphony.
Three large seashells appeared, and out of them, came two mermaids per shell. All six of them sang with passion.
"Ah, we are the daughters of Triton, great father who loves us and named us well!"
All joined together to sing, "Aquata," as Aquata, who had a blue tail and blue seashell bra, sang, "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhh!"
"Andrina," as Andrina, who had a pink tail and pink bra, sang, "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhh!"
"Arista," as Arista, who had a red tail and red seashell bra, sang, "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhh!"
"Attina," as Attina, who had an orange tail and orange seashell bra, sang, "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhh!"
"Adella," as Adella, who had a purple tail and a purple seashell bra, sang, "Ah, ah, ah, ah, ahhh!"
"Allana," as Allana, who had a yellowish-greenish tail and a yellowish-greenish seashell bra, sang, "Ah ah ahhh!"
Then all sang together, "And then there is the youngest in her musical debut! Ah, ah, ah, ahhh! Our seventh little sister, we're presenting her to you! Ah, ah, ah, ahhh! To sing a song Sebastian wrote; her voice is like a bell!" Another large seashell appeared, one in which the youngest sister would be in. "It's our sister, Ari-" But as the shell opened, it was empty. The youngest was not in there. All the sisters gasped dramatically. Sebastian gasped in horror.
"ARIEL!!!" roared King Triton.