Chapter Fourteen: Parvati's Story

"Ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah ahhh! Ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah ahhh!"
Parvati woke from her dream with a start, a mysterious voice having woken her up. Though it was a different melody than that of Ariel's song, there was a certain beauty in the voice that reached out to Parvati and touched her.
Parvati sat up in her bed, the curtains drawn to a close around her. Her head ached, the voice continuing to ring in her ears. Unlike Ariel's voice, this voice had a different note of sweetness than Ariel's, and had carried a melody that seemed to remind Parvati of a winter's chilled evening.
Suddenly, a chill swept through the window, into the girls' dormitory. The girls slept with the widows open sometimes, for many loved to feel the warm breeze of the dawn and the smell of the dew on the grass. Then there were those who were not morning people and slept with the curtains closed, for they did not want to wake up as soon as dawn broke. Parvati was one of them.
The cold air seemed to circle Parvati's bed, and the curtains opened, making her feel as though she had walked into Hogsmeade on a cold winter's day with no coat around her.
"Parvati, Parvati, she sings to you now, hear the sound of Sapphire's song," sang the voice, clearly and purely, no error to be found. "Seek out the voice of the one who now sings with the sound of Sapphire's song. Seek the voice as loud as the thunder, seek the voice as soft as a psalm. And once you are there, though at first unaware, you will find the voice of Sapphire's song."
The cold, brisk wind circled Parvati like a tornado, the voice repeating a new melody, different from the one it just sang.
"Ah ah ah, ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ah, ah ah ah, ah ahhh!"
All at once, the wind stopped circling her immediately after the voice stopped singing. For some reason, the voice had not waken any of the other girls, and Parvati was the only one awake.
Just above a faint whisper, the voice could be heard in another melody. "Go ahead, may you find me if you're able, don't you know that my tales are not a fable? Seek out the gem with the ocean's shimmer skin tone. But, be warned, dear, for I am never alone. May you find us here, us both together. May you help me break this curse forever. If you bring out the old, it will come back newer. There's an evil that's twice the witch that you are..."
The voice faded into nothingness. Parvati got out of her bed quickly. The last lines ringing through her head. May you help me break this curse forever...There's an evil that's twice the witch that you are... What was she talking about?
Voldemort? thought Parvati. But he's been gone for so long... (You must remember that this took place before Ariel became human to be with Harry, ergo before Voldemort's return.) I must find out. She walked quietly down the halls and out the doors quickly. She did not want to be caught sneaking around out of bed, so she refrained from using any spells for light. The night air was cold, even though it was nearly summer. The wind became visible to Parvati, though she could not understand how, for wind could not be seen. But there seemed to be a color to the wind never seen by Parvati until now, and she felt that she had to follow it. She felt that the wind would lead her to the voice that sang "with the sound of Sapphire's song".
She walked where the wind led her, and as she walked, the voice grew louder. Hardly even a whisper at first, then growing to a voice stronger than a chorus of fifty choirs. The voice was at its loudest peak at the lake, where she saw the reflection of the moonlight in the waters. Parvati knew that this was the voice as loud as thunder, the voice as soft as a psalm. This was the voice she heard about. And though Parvati never sang in Joanne's version of this novel, Parvati sings in this version.
Her voice was a clear, beautiful, strong voice, with a small touch of vibrato, and she was not one note off pitch.
"Here, I have found the source of the voice who sings the Sapphire's song," sang Parvati. "Down at the lake, near the willow tree's trunk, is the voice of Sapphire's song. Here's the voice as loud as the thunder, the voice as soft as a psalm. And I know I'm here, not a slight twinge of fear of the voice, this voice, of Sapphire's song!"
As Parvati finished, the waters began to form a whirlpool in the center of the lake. The moonlight shone around it, and a girl's face appeared, not in the whirlpool, but closer to where Parvati was - the shore. The girl had light blue skin and dark blue hair, with blue eyes, wide with fear. She spoke with a powerful voice, not one as gentle and sweet as the voice Parvati had heard in the girls' dormitory.
"Melody! If you get this message at anytime, you must heed my warning!" shouted the blue girl, looking into Parvati's eyes.
"Melody?" asked Parvati.
"Listen to me! There is someone coming who is more powerful than the others. The Crystal Gems won't stand a chance against her! She has the most advanced weapons... Oh! Earth won't stand a chance!" At this, Parvati backed away one step, in fear. "I don't know how, but she even knew your name, Melody! I didn't tell her, I swear, but all that's important now is... She's coming, Melody. If you don't take the proper measures to save your planet, everything could be-"
Just then, the whirlpool reversed itself, and became a water tornado, bringing the water above the surface, rather than below it. The water formed into a wave, crashing over the image of the blue girl, interrupting her, and Parvati did not see the blue girl again, or ever learn her name, that night.
From the wave emerged a woman, or what one might call a woman. But she had purple skin, white hair, and tentacles instead of legs. Two eels appeared behind her. Parvati, who had been knocked over by the wave, reached for her wand defensively. The purple woman/octopus-person used her tentacle to reach over and take Parvati's wand from her. Parvati raised her hands into fists.
"I'm not afraid to fight you!" said Parvati. "Whoever, or whatever, you are!"
The woman/octopus chuckled. "My name is Ursula," said the woman/octopus. "And, in my opinion..." Ursula beckoned with her tentacles for Flotsam and Jetsam to rise. "I think you should be afraid to fight me." She used the tentacle that held Parvati's wand, flicked it in Parvati's direction, and said, "Drosmus ierakstus!" A humungous ball of fire surged towards Parvati, knocking her against a willow tree, - not the Whomping Willow, to Parvati's good fortune - and she was knocked out.
Ursula motioned to the eels with her tentacles.
Flotsam and Jetsam dragged Parvati into the water - not with much difficulty, for she had bounced back off the tree and landed right back on the shore - and gave her to Ursula.
"With this weak human out of the way, Ariel will only be able to come to me for her legs," said Ursula. "And this will be the start of it all... The start of my return to power!"