Chapter Seventeen: Sebastian in the Kitchen ("Les Poissons")

Sebastian hid, as he heard the door open. He saw a short man walk in, humming to himself, carrying a tray. He wore a white chef's hat, and had a thin, black mustache, and he carried a cleaver.
He set down the tray and walked over to a counter with the pile of dead fish carcasses that Sebastian had seen earlier. He began to sing as he worked.
"Les poissons, les poissons, how I love les poissons! Love to chop and to serve little fish!" Sebastian watched in horror as the chef chopped the dead fish, and began to remove its insides. "First, I cut off the head, then I pull out the bones!" He pulled out the fish's skeleton, and Sebastian had to look away before he threw up. "Ah mais oui, ça see'est toujours delish. Les poissons, les poissons, hee, hee, hee! Haw, haw, haw! With the cleaver, I hack them in two!" Sebastian ran and hid under a piece of lettuce on the cabinet, as the chef chopped the fish in two pieces. "I pull out what's inside, and I serve it up fried! Oh, I love little fishes, don't you?" The chef began to prepare many other dishes, and Sebastian watched in terror. "Here's something for tempting the pallet, prepared in the classic technique." The chef grabbed a mallet and started hitting on the fish. Sebastian covered his eyes with the lettuce. "First, you pound the fish flat with a mallet, then you cut through the skin, give the belly a slice, then you rub some salt in....'cause that makes it taste nice!" The chef grabbed the lettuce and saw Sebastian. "Zut alors!" exclaimed the chef. "I have missed one!" Sebastian hid inside his shell, as the chef picked him up.
"Sacre bleu! What is this? How on earth could I miss such a sweet, little succulent crab? Quelle dommage, what a loss! Here we go, in the sauce." The chef threw Sebastian into a bowl with sauce in it. "And some flour, I think just a dab." The chef threw lots of flour onto Sebastian, and Sebastian sneezed. "Then, I stuff you with bread!" He stuffed many ingredients into Sebastian's shell. "It don't hurt, 'cause you're dead! And you're certainly lucky, you are!" Sebastian spit the ingredients out of the shell. "'Cause it's gonna be hot in that big silver pot! Tout à l'heure, mon poisson, au revoir!" The chef tossed Sebastian into the air, towards the fireplace which had a pot on the tray inside. Sebastian grabbed onto the pot's side before he hit the boiling water, and jumped onto the counter next to the fireplace. The chef heard a thud on the counter and looked to see what it was. He picked up Sebastian with his hands, and looked at him in confusion. "What in the..." said the chef. Sebastian raised his claw and pinched the chef, causing him to drop Sebastian as he ran out the kitchen. The chef threw knives at Sebastian in an attempt to catch him and cook him, but Sebastian was saved by Carlotta as she opened the door. A knife flew by her face and flew into the hallway, where it hit a vase, and the vase was shattered.
"LOUIS!!" shouted Carlotta, as Sebastian saw his opportunity, and snuck out of the kitchen.
Chef Louis stammered. "I- Well, you see- There was- I'm sorry, Madame Carlotta..." He laughed nervously.
Carlotta grabbed the tray with the dinner on it and walked out, her fury burning bright than the fire in the oven.