Prologue (6 months ago)

I was on my way to Lady White Heart's room to deliver a package that had arrived this morning. The package was big and had a "fragile" sticker on the side, what was in this thing? On my way to the room, one of my friends, Daniel, came up to me.

-"Hey Mason, you coming to the party tonight?" He asked.

-"If I finish my quota for the day, i'll be there as fast as I can. So don't be surprised if I'm a bit late."

-"Alright man, I understand, Lady White Heart doesn't give me any less work per day. I'm just used to it by now."

-"Yeah, I know what you mean. Alright, I gotta go deliver this package now if you don't mind."

-"Oh yeah, sure. See ya later man!" He said, walking away.

     I started walking towards the room again. Daniel is right though, the work load hasn't gotten any smaller for a while. My superiors ask more and more of me now. Life is just going to get harder from here on out. I finally arrived at the room and knocked.

-"Who is it?" I heard a voice say.

-"Servant #710285 madam! There was a package delivered to the door this morning, it's for you!" I replied.

-"..."

     There was no response. I waited for a bit before I saw the hidden camera cover open and I looked into it for a second before the cover went back on and the lock on the door deactivated. The robotic voice of the door said:

-"ACCESS GRANTED."

     I walked inside and placed the package in front of the desk with an xacto knife and started making my way out. I heard a voice behind me and halted my movements.

-"Servant #710285, get back here." I heard a voice say.

-"Right away."

     I turned and went back to the package, I was a bit nervous. That's when I heard the voice again.

-"Open the package for me." The voice said.

-"Of course madam!" I replied.

     I picked up the xacto knife and cut open the box. I pulled out a styrofoam cube and opened it. There was an assortment of picture books and new crayons that looked like they were made for a child. Why would White Heart need these? Whatever, I won't judge her. I pulled out the books and kept looking through the box. There was also a  slingshot made of wood with a bag of pellets right next to it. Again, why would she need this? I heard small footsteps behind and I saluted as I turned to face them. I saw nothing. I looked down and saw two little girls standing in front of me. One had a blue dress with a little pink purse and the other had a pink dress and a little blue purse. They almost looked the same aside from the pink one had longer hair.

-"Hey! Dude! Thanks for bringing our stuff!" The pink one said.

-"Th-thank you, I want to get better at reading  and drawing so I ordered those books and those crayons." The blue one said.

-"Well...um, happy I could be of service."

     I walked out of the room to let those two, whoever they were, use their stuff. I was heading back to my office when I got a call on my walkie talkie.

-"Mason, this is Krux. Get to my office, one of my superiors wants to talk to you."

-"Understood sir!"

     Krux was my boss in the mail service. Me and him are pretty much best friends at this point. And if he called me into his office for a meeting, it's gotta be important. I got my baton from my office and went towards his office. Everyone working in the Basilicom had a plasma charged steel baton that they could use as a defense measure. If anyone used it for any other reason than self-defense of defending something else that was in the nation, they would get detained immediately. Yeah, it was a pretty strict operating system. Mine though, sadly, had a dent in it. I guess that was useful too since I could still do some damage to someone by hitting them with the dent if it had a malfunction. I arrived at the office and went inside.

-"Sir, you wanted to see me?" I asked.

-"Yes I did Mason." Krux replied

-"Lady White Heart! He's here."

-"What?" 

     It was then that I saw her enter the room behind Krux.

-"Hello, Mason." She said.

-"Greetings madam!" I said while saluting her.

-"Sit down son. You have a choice to make." Krux ordered.

     I sat on the chair in front of his desk and listened.

-"Alright son, now, I'm gonna make this short because I don't really know the details. You're getting a promotion. Security job, outside White Heart's office." Krux said.

     My heart almost stopped when I heard that. This was amazing! I get the chance to be closer to White Heart than ever before! I kept my demeanor in check as I nodded.

-"I accept." I said.

-"Alright cool, you start next week so be ready by then. White Heart is also supplying you with a weapon of your choice. But that's only when you start." Krux said.

-"Understood sir." I replied.

-"I look forward to seeing how you perform." White Heart said.

-"Thank you madam." I said.

     I saluted and walked out. Was I really going to be outside her room every day? I'm a lucky bastard. I went home thinking how my life would change from here on out.