Retaliation

The squad and I quickly made our way through the mothership room by room, more and more boarding parties keep arriving to assist. We have the upper hand in this battle and we must face the threat that Lava Diamond's imposed! I charged my way forward through the front lines with Rom and Ram at my sides, both without hesitation. We arrived at a giant security door and a soldier placed a heavy duty titanium breaching charge. We all stood back as it began cutting through the door with its plasma cutters. There was a small delay before the charge detonated. Everyone ran inside and started clearing the room. Once it was cleared, operators went to the consoles and started deactivating the ships heavy cannons. I took the time to check on Rom and Ram. Ram was crying for some reason, I went over to see what happened. I saw something horrific. Rom had a piece of shrapnel in her left leg.

-"Oh god. Someone get a medic over here!" I said.

     I saw a group of soldiers leave the room to get medics. I examined the wound a bit closer, I was no doctor but I could tell this was a minor injury. The shrapnel only got in her leg but didn't come out the other side. I could also see that no bones were broken or fractured. Finally, the soldiers came back with two medics that immediately started getting to work on Rom's leg. I went over to the consoles to check on the progress. I seemed like 58% of the cannons were disabled, I knew we needed the best hackers of the nation. I went back to Rom who was put asleep and that the piece of shrapnel was removed. The doctors were now focusing on the wound itself. I looked at the rooms mainframe, it was a big one, was this the control room? I looked over at the map of the ship on the wall to try to figure out where we were exactly. I looked around for a while before confirming that we were indeed in the main control room. We didn't even need to destroy all the rooms now. I took the microphone off the console and spoke into it. My voice went on the speakers of the ship.

-"All Lowee soldiers, this is your temporary commander, Mason. When you hear the siren of the ship going off, evacuate ship as fast as you can. My team and I are going to sabotage the fuel pumps from here. I hope I am understood, start making your way to the closest exit and hold down the fort there until the siren goes off. Mason out." I ordered.

I went back to Rom who, surprisingly was just getting up now. Ram and the doctors helped her to her feet. I was amazed by how fast those doctors fixed her. I went over to one of the medics.

-"How did you heal her so fast anyway?" I asked.

-"We just removed the shrapnel piece, put the living tissue repairing device or L.T.R.D. in the wound and it was healed almost instantly. It's just that it took some time for her to wake up from the drugs and get her onto her feet. She's alright now though." He explained.

-"Thank you doctor." I said.

-"Just another day at the office sir! I gotta go help some more now if you don't mind." 

-"Go save some more people you two!"

     They ran out of the room and I turned back to Rom. 

-"How are you feeling?" I asked.

-"I'm okay now. It's just...that really hurt." She said.

-"Well, it's only gonna hurt if you believe it hurt."

-"Really?"

-"Yeah! So when we go to the next room, believe that you can't get hurt! Okay?"

-"Okay! I will!"

     We went over to the hackers who were just finishing up as we approached.

-"Sir! All of the cannons have been shut down! Lowee's main guns should be able to pound this thing now!" He said.