Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Holiday Home

"What is this place?" Briana asked peeking up at the private villa as she climbed out of the car, she was exhausted after their flight from Aulea and it was late at night in Barcelona. 

Lionel smiled looking up at the villa pleased that it was finished now, he had hoped to surprise his new wife for their honeymoon and he hoped this pleased her; he couldn't imagine what was going to happen while they were here. 

The world's media had been crazy upon their arrive at the terminal, everyone wanted to see the Prince from Aulea and his new wife from their world. 

However, here they would be kept safe and Lionel had no doubts that they would be spending quite a bit of time at the villa that they were now standing in front of. 

"I bought this place back in December," Lionel mused looking at Briana, he had spent a lot of time picking this place out as soon as he knew where Briana was from. 

He wanted to please her and he was sure that she had some wonderful memories about this city; it was where she had been born and somewhere that he wished to show their children one day in the future. 

"It's my wedding gift to you," Lionel continued looking at Briana, he wasn't sure how she would react to this and he knew that the villa was far enough away from the home that Carlos held in the city still that they didn't have to worry about ever running into him. 

Briana stared at Lionel, she was unable to believe that he was doing this for her; she turned to look at the house knowing that she didn't deserve this in anyway.

***

Sitting down on the bed in the master bedroom, Briana sighed in relief before slipping off her shoes and leaning back in the bed; she stared up at the ceiling trying to wrap her head around what had happened in the last two days. 

She was no longer Briana Suarez, bastard daughter to Ambassador Carlos Suarez; now she was Princess Briana of Aulea, wife to Prince Lionel of Aulea. 

Officially her last name was Messi like her husband's and it was going to take some time for Briana to get used to that; she had never thought that she would become someone important in her life. 

Lionel stepped into their bedroom and watched Briana, she had handled the media attention of their visit; he doubted it would calm down anytime soon. 

Everyone would want to see them since royal visits like this were rare and it had been a nightmare to arrange without making it an official visit; there were tons of political people wishing to meet with the newlyweds and Lionel was just pleased for some peace and quiet. 

He was here to bond with Briana and he was pleased that things were working out so well and he had no doubts that they would soon learn if Briana was pregnant. 

Lionel didn't care what they would have, he was thrilled at the idea that maybe one day he would be a father and he would do whatever it took to make sure that his children were well looked after. 

Shrugging out of his jacket, Lionel walked over to the bed and climbed onto it before he turned his attention to Briana; he brushed some hair from her neck as he started to kiss down it. 

Briana squeaked in surprise, she hadn't heard Lionel enter the room and she had assumed he would be busy organising things for the next day. 

They had a number of servants to wait on them here and Briana didn't know what to do when it came to them; she would much rather do things herself than ask for them to do it for her.

Lionel smiled at the noise that she made, he slowly slipped his hands under her shirt and pushed it up a little; he sucked softly on her neck not caring if he left a mark for everyone to see.

He moved his lips to Briana's knowing that it only seemed right that they broke in their new bed, Lionel doubted that anyone would risk disturbing them; they would know to leave the royal couple alone until morning. 

Slowly moving to help each other out of their clothes, Briana couldn't believe how everything had worked out; she had never thought things would be like this and her entire life had changed. 

It seemed unreal that Lionel wanted her after everything, Briana still felt like she wasn't fit for the position that she held. 

There was still so much for her to learn and the last thing that Briana wanted was too mess up and make him regret finding out that she was his mate. 

Lionel brushed his fingers through Briana's hair, he smiled pleased at the soft noises that she made as he ducked down to kiss her; he loved those little noises and it made him so happy that he was the only one to hear them. 

Wrapping her tanned legs around Lionel's hips, Briana hissed a little as he pushed forward; she bit her lip to stop herself from crying out before Lionel ducked down and kissed her. 

"I love you," Lionel breathed not caring if Briana wasn't ready to say it back, he buried his head in her neck while his tail wrapped around her waist. 

Briana went still hearing those words, she hadn't been expecting them and she wasn't sure if she was ready to return them; she suddenly felt a little lost at what to do in that moment.

***

"What are you going to do?" Christina asked glaring at her husband, things hadn't worked out like he had hoped and she was annoyed that he wasn't doing anything to find their daughter a suitable marriage. 

It didn't help that Alexander was avoiding them now, Christina couldn't understand what was going on with their son but she hoped he would snap out of it before he married in January. 

From what they had heard it was more his future in-laws' idea to put some distance between them, it was no secret that no one trusted them after what had happened with Briana. 

"I have a plan," Carlos replied pouring himself another drink, he had hoped that his daughter would come around and support her family's interests. 

However, Briana had been kept at a safe distance from Carlos for months now and it was clear that if they wanted things to change in their favour then Briana had to be the one to do it. 

"And what would that be?" Christina spat not liking how this had worked out, it should have been Bethany married to the Prince instead of Briana who now had a shoot at being Queen. 

Christina would rather rot in hell than see her husband's bastard sit upon the throne that she had no right to even sit on let alone clean it. 

It was a true travesty in Christina's eyes that Briana had even a chance to do so while Bethany was treated like a plague on the world; she had no idea why no one wanted to marry her daughter. 

Carlos was silent, he knew his wife would always champion their daughter however that wasn't an option for him especially since he knew why no one wanted to marry Bethany. 

Apparently there was a secret that their darling daughter was keeping from them and it was ruining her chances of finding a good husband. 

Bethany apparently preferred to act more like a common whore than a lady when her parents weren't watching; she thought that she would still be able to have a good marriage because her father was ambassador. 

Now everything lay in Carlos's hands and the plan that he had in mind.