Taking Our Chance - [ヘタリア] Hetalia ➀

First entry for 'Simply Apocalyptic' heathers-and-feathers contest! I-I totally failed on this one.... ._. Hetalia AU - angst-ish

「Somehow... This hell is home」

I wandered around the halls of the large safe-house underground only used by us nations when in time of emergencies. The reason why we are stuck down here now was because one person that led to a group couldn't keep the peace.

We had a truce with the vampires, all the countries had to sign, that worked well as we were friends with one another. The vampires helped us and we helped them. Everything was perfect and balanced until that one time.

~.~.~.~.~

Hushed whispers and shuffling around was all that was heard in that part of the night; thought there was no need for the quietness. The leader of the group cautiously walked closer to the tied up, insane, vampire that they captured. Everybody knew he was unstable but still took him out of his cell for some ignorant, unknown reason.

Why do vampires exist?!” the leader spat, “they are evil and will betray the human kind! You have to drink blood to satisfy your hunger? That's just wrong and my people are afraid since most of you are in our land! Vampires are horrible!” As he went on the rant, the vampire looked up and smiled at them.

I can say the same thing about you~.”

Suddenly the mad vampire broke loose from his ropes and attacked everybody who was near; but not enough to kill them. The vampire smiled at his work seeing all the bodies on the ground, soon to be the same as him and he went off to find more victims.

The madness inside that one vampire was enough to trigger the insanity in all the ones he transformed. The society of the vampires heard of the doings of the humans and were outraged. They supported new batch of the crazy blood-sucking creatures. But unable to keep one of their own in control, all the sane ones were overruled and the unstable started going after all the humans.

Filled with blood-lust, fear, and anger we declared war on them to stop everything they were doing. So far, we have been unsuccessful...

~.~.~.~.~

Now here I am, [Name] [Last Name] of [Country] stuck here while many are fighting up there getting turned into those blood crazies. Sad to say we are in a world filled with war and with this being our worst one. With fire burning on the surface above, we have to deal with it since this is the world we are born to.

“[Name]!” Somebody called and I turned around. Seeing it was England I gave him a small smile and nodded to hear what he had to say. His face looked grim, feeling the pain of his peoples like everybody else.

“They would like to see you for something important in the office,” he told me then walked off.