Chapter 40- What is Within Us

It's update night! Maybe I'll update every Sunday!
DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE DOOR
OH MY GOD I AM SO HAPPY I MADE THIS BOOK NOW
I CAN MAKE ANYTHING HAPPEN
ANYTHING
IM GONNA CRY DO U GUYS THINK BRAN IS GOING TO DIE??? COMMENT YOUR FEELINGS IM SO SAD AND SCARED IM GOING TO BE SICK
I'll update tonight ok? I'm feeling very sick rn lol but I have some ideas
RIP summer 😭😭😭😭😭

And now it begins

****

"What am I supposed to do to protect people? They are coming we know that much. But when? There will be an army of them. How am I supposed to fulfill what I have to?" Bran gulps and stares at Meera for help. "I am not sure to be honest..I really don't know." She seemed very troubled as well. Bran didn't want to worry his wife either on these matters but undoubtably the end would come very soon. No one would be able to stop it. If only there were smiths who could make Valyrian steel swords and dragon glass shards. Anything. Arrows of dragon glass would do wonders. The entire nights watch could have them. Why must this be as complicated as it was? It was troubling the youth. Adulthood had been thrust upon him in more ways than one and he couldn't stand to feel it's cold hands wrapping around his body. Some of it was great. It was frightening to have your innocence torn from you and Bran could only imagine how Rickon felt at his young age. He was barely Bran's age when Bran was thrown from the broken tower. He could remember those days. How sweet they were. Humans were the worry. The living. Not the dead. Meera shook with fear at the memories that unfolded in their past. Hodor leaned on his hand and pouted. He looked very troubled as well. When bran stared distantly into his memories Meera quickly walked over to him to embrace him. She couldn't stand the fear that took over her heart. She was frightened. Would there be any fight at all? Bran almost began to cry as Meera rocked him. "I'm scared Bran." He mumbled out something. It was too inaudible to understand and almost sounded like a moan. Meera felt tears prick her eyes as she rocked her best friend. She felt ill. As if she was going to throw up. The cold air started to penetrate her being until she felt like her very soul turned to ice. Bran leaned into her embrace. "What do I do? What do I do? I'm not ready for this.." He murmurs worriedly. "They can be here tonight and my family will all die..." "Bran don't say such-" "my family could die. My wife. My brothers. My sisters. My parents my friends. My wolf. Hodor. You." She gulped. "I could die tonight. And for what? They win and wipe out the entire population of Westeros and beyond." "We could flee?" "Everyone? They'd be here when we came back. We'd fear forever. No. Our place is here. I am a Stark. I must stay here even if I die here." "Bran. There are things worse than death. And you won't die." "No. You won't. You'll be one of them. As will the others. But I will die. They want me dead." "Bran please. It'll be alright." "face it. We must fight them as it is our only chance." "A chance I don't wish to take. Why must this be now? Why? Why us?" "It is our destiny." "I want you to live Bran." Meera almost wept. "I want to see you live. Be one of the princes in the north. I want you to have an heir. I want to live to see that. And when summer comes I want to see those children climb the walls as you used to." She chokes up a bit. "I want to see you live my prince."

***

Arya's POV
It was late at night. I felt sick to my stomach. Gendry wanted to do swordplay while everyone was asleep but I wasn't sure if I had an ounce of energy to do so. I was just hoping I wouldn't get sick. I am strong! Not this girl. I can't afford to be sick during the winter! I refuse to be the damsel in distress. I can't bring the family down. Spread sickness. "Arya please? It will give you energy." I shoot him a glare and he realizes how serious I am. "Do you have a fever?" He sits on my bed and strokes my hair out of my face. My cheeks burn and I avoid his gaze. "You are warm Arya.." "I'm fine. I just need to rest." "Rest a lot alright? I'll bring you anything you need." "Gendry my legs aren't broken. I can walk." "You don't have to be so tough all of the time." I didn't want to listen to him.