Part 46- To Stay Warm

Read part 2 of part 45 first! With joy comes tragedy.
Dedicated to @MyChemicalWalkers 
Happy Birthday!!

Y/n's POV
Rickon laid limply in my arms. Maester Luwin came back and gave me some gauze and a few viles. "Let him drink these when he awakens. I hope Theon didn't injure his head too badly." He calmly nods to me and turns to Talisa. "Let's have a look eh?" He smiles to her. She smiles back. "I want this done and over with. I'd rather hold him in my arms." Robb chuckles lightly and kisses her forehead. Bran then says something quiet peculiar. "She looks like Aunt Lyanna." Everyone looks at him then. He looks down without another word. Arya smiles and looks back to Talisa. "Would you like some water?" "Yes. Thank you Arya." She moans in pain. "You're all set within the next few hours my lady." Maester Luwin stands up slowly and returns to his chair in the corner. "Relax for now. You'll know when it's time." She nods slowly. Robb just looked plain anxious. Rickon moans softly and Shaggydog whines. He hadn't moved since we let him in. Talisa looks over to Rickon. She holds Robb's hand tighter. Suddenly, tears behind to fall down his face and his eyes squeeze tighter. he moans again in strangled pain. How hard did he hit him? "Ohh." He cries and shakes a bit. His nose was still slowly bleeding. I tried to tilt his head back to stop the blood but when he laid his cheek against my leg it bled again. He looked like a mess. He let out tiny sobs and Shaggydog's ears went back. He whined and gently nibbled on Rickon's ear. Rickon opens his eyes then and tears stream down his face. He doesn't say a word, just cries softly. I felt a knot in my stomach. I held him to me and looked up as Talisa gasps. She holds her stomach but looks up to Rickon. She didn't seem to want to look away. Everyone looked worried. He was the baby of the family. Baby Rickon. Bran reached over and laid a hand on his leg. Rickon didn't move, just cried quietly. A soft knock on the door and Catelyn walks in. Ned nods respectfully and averts his eyes from Talisa. He looks to his youngest son with worry. Osha and Theon weren't there. "Take good care of him." He says softly and walks away. Lady Stark looked pained. "Do you want to hold him?" "Don't move him. Don't..just hold him. Try to make him comfortable. That's what he wants." Her eyes were soft as she laid them on Rickon. He looked half unconscious with tears still steaming down his face. "I never gave him enough attention." Bran feels for my hand. I hold it tightly and stroke Rickon's hair with my other. Bran squeezes my hand when Rickon lets out a soft cry. The hatred in Bran's eyes wasn't for Rickon though. It was for Theon. Shaggydog whimpers consistently and pulls on Rickon's collar. He nudges his back gently and takes his arm into his mouth. Rickon grabs the fur slowly in his fingers and clutches to him. Talisa sighs and holds her stomach softly. "I don't know if I can handle this for a few more hours.." Robb frowns and strokes her hair. "Your poor little brother." She frowns at Robb. "I wish there was something I could do to help." "Just rest. Give birth to a healthy grandchild for me that can kill Theon." She laughs a little and Catelyn smiles at her. She sits besides Talisa and tries her best to focus on her. She turns every now and then to see how her youngest son is doing but keeps her help to Talisa. I stroke Rickon's hair and eventually he opens his eyes again. They're red from crying and his face is still streaming with tears. I gently help him to sit up but all he does is curl in my lap and continue to cry in pain. He holds his head and let's out a strangled moan. "Ohh." He cries. "Y/n." He whines and tears fall faster. "It's okay sweetie." I try to soothe him. I hold him to my chest and Shaggydog lays his face on Rickon's leg. "Where's Bran?" He says between sobs. "He's right here sweetie." He opens his eyes and reaches a hand to hold Bran's. His other rests on me. His face now has a purple puffy bruise covering the entire right side. His eye is red and his nose has semi dry blood glistening on his nose. I kiss his nose and wipe his tears with my thumb. "You can watch Talisa with her baby, my little wolf." He looks up at me through his long and damp eyelashes. He lays his head against my chest weakly and sniffles. "It hurts so badly.." He whimpers. "My baby wants you to feel better Rickon. He's kicking a lot since Theon hurt you." Rickon smiles in Talisa's direction and winces, holding his head with the hand that isn't holding Bran's.
***
By now Rickon has stopped crying. I gave him his potions and for now he rested in my lap nuzzling my neck every now and then. Bran looked a bit jealous when he looked at his little brother getting all of the attention so I held his hand from time to time. Talisa's cries became much more consistent until Maester Luwin actually said it was time for her to have her baby. There was a lot of screaming, which got Rickon crying again because his head hurt. He sobbed in my chest trying to muffle his noises. Robb held Talisa's hand and she cried loudly. Maester Luwin encouraged her and Lady Stark held her other hand. The maids returned and scurried about. When Luwin finally pulled a squirming little babe from her, it was indeed a boy. Robb's look of relief washed over his face and Talisa breathed heavily. One maid washed her sweaty face while another helped tend to her bleeding. A few more carried in sponges and buckets and blankets for her, one even carried logs in to start a crackling fire in the corner hearth. When everything quieted down, all that could be heard was little Eddard cooing in Robb's arms. Talisa had held him before, but was now resting. The babe was wrapped in thick furs to keep out the cold winter and once everyone joined in the room, no one left in fear of letting any chill in. All of the dire wolves created more heat. Arya had left when Lord Stark came in with Jon, (much to Lady Stark's displeasure) and returned with Osha. Osha instructed me to keep Rickon warm in his injured condition and one maid even gave me a blanket to keep him warm. I ended up sitting on the floor and letting Lord Stark take the seat. I was content to sit next to the hearth and hold Rickon in my lap. His cries quieted, but were still audible. The pain didn't seem to subside much to everyone's silent worry. Shaggydog rested his face on my legs. Blizzard laid next to the fire with me as well. Bran sat next to me on the floor with Summer in his lap. Greywind was laying on Talisa to keep her warm which was also holding pressure to any bleeding which was good. Maester Luwin would tend to her every now and then but other than that she rested. Robb fell asleep with his son in his arms and soon after so did Sansa and Arya.  Jon kept to himself in a corner with Ghost, smiling to me but staying as far away from Lady Stark as possible. Rickon rubbed his hot eyes against my neck and wrapped his arms around me moaning in pain. "You should eat little lords." Osha said. "No. We're alright honest." Bran responded. Hodor snored. "I just want to be here warm. With my family." Osha rubs Bran's knee. He didn't seem to mind but you could tell it couldn't affect him either way. He couldn't feel it. After a few more hours, only Rickon and I were left awake. I let him fall asleep in my arms. I fell asleep to the sound of his heartbeat and to the sight of Little Eddard in Robb's arms. All comfortable and safe.