Proloque

You were woken up by someone violently shaking your shoulder. You groaned and turned away from the person, while mumbling them to get away. You heard someone sigh, and before you knew it you went flying down the ground. You squealed as you hit the hard surface and whined. You opened your eyes and saw Bolin smirking down at you.
"Rise and shine, princess..." You groaned, but was yet again lifted from the ground by Bolin, using his earth bending. He plopped you down onto the couch, and chuckled as you glared at him.
"What did you wake me up for?" You rubbed your eyes and yawned, looking up at your friend and team mate. He scoffed and raised an eyebrow at you.
"Duh! We need to practice! Those games won't win themselves..." You blinked at him, and he rolled his eyes.
"Just get ready and meet me in the arena..." You just nodded and lazily moved yourself from your couch, towards the kitchen. You heard your front door open and close, meaning Bolin just left.
You had a rather big apartment for just one person. You had 2 bedrooms and a big kitchen. The living room was beautifully furnished and looked cozy and warm. You purposely decided not to change the floor, as you liked the way Bolin would use the earth for his bendings. Another great idea was your little fountain in the middle of the living room, that way you could always use the water when needed.
You made yourself a nice breakfast, as you knew you would be practicing all day. You filled your plate, and started digging into the self-made pancakes. After you finished you put your plate in the sink, before walking up towards the radio, turning the volume up. You walked towards the bathroom and got ready, cleaning your face and blushing your teeth, before grabbing your clothes and doing your hair. As you walked back into the living room, you caught the word 'Equalist'  coming from the radio. You froze and listened carefully.

Metal benders have now infiltrated over 6 Equalist bases. They talked to our press about the use of propaganda from the Equalists and told the people to keep an eye out for any posters or suspicious events.

You sighed and turned the radio off. First the Equalists didn't seem that intimidating, but now as their followers kept increasing, it became less of a situation to ignore.
You decided to ask your team mates about their thoughts and quickly grabbed your bag, rushing out of the door.

---

"Damnit!" You cursed as you missed your target for the 3th time. You angrily thrusted the water against the paper targets, ripping them and soaking them. They fell to the ground with a silent thud, and you groaned.
"Y/n, it's okay... you're just having a bad day." You turned to Korra, and sighed loudly.
"Maybe I am, but the game starts in a few hours!" She chuckled and stood behind you, placing her hands on your shoulders firmly.
"You got this, Y/n!  You're the best water bender I know... you just have to be confident in yourself." You nodded and muttered an "I guess", before continuing to practice.
Mako and Bolin arrived soon after, and smiled as they noticed you already started. You smiled and waved at them quickly, before hitting your last target of the day. You moved the excess water back into the barrel, and sunk down your knees.
"Guys, I don't think tonight will be my best game... I honestly suck." Mako shrugged and walked towards you, pulling his helmet over his head.
"Don't say that, you're a great water bender, maybe you're just nervous? You know what, Bolin, Korra and I will treat you to noodles tonight... how does that sound?" You looked up at Mako, and smiled.
"I'd love that, thank you..." But as soon as Mako offered, Asami entered the room and raised an eyebrow at him.
"And what about our date?" You smirked up at Mako.
Asami was Mako's girlfriend, she was probably one of the prettiest girls you knew, and you would always be slightly jealous about her good looks. Her wavy black hair made her pale skin stand out, and her lips were beautifully plump.
"I completely forgot! Sorry, guys... maybe another time." You smiled and shrugged, patting his leg.
"That's fine, lover boy, I'll just go with Bolin and Korra..." You chuckled as you felt something crawl up your back. You looked at your left shoulder and smiled at the cute little fire ferret. You giggled and scratched under his chin.
"And of course Pabu..." He purred and you smiled. Mako smiled and wrapped his arm around Asami's waist, she smiled and pecked his lips quickly. As you heard a silent scoff, you turned towards the sound and noticed Korra staring at him with jealousy burning in her eyes. You sighed and stood up, walking towards her and placing your hand on her shoulder.
"Let's go... I'm starving!" She shrugged and followed you, meanwhile Bolin was rambling all about how hungry he was, making you chuckle at his excitement.

---

2 hours later you were filling your mouth with noodles, slurping as you placed the slimy strings in your mouth using the chopsticks. You hummed and moaned. Pabu was happily helping Bolin finish his meal, and he purred silently as he ate.
"So... how you like the noodles?" Bolin asked you, his mouth full. You chuckled and swallowed your big bite.
"It's delicious..." "... And totally authentic!" Korra added and you agreed. You smiled and took another bite.
"I didn't know how much I missed water tribe food..." Korra moaned and you nodded.
"It's great! And this is my favorite so far..." You chuckled and continued eating as Korra and Bolin had some small talk. As you took another bite, you glanced over Bolin's shoulder towards a table surrounded by several people. One guy had both his arms wrapped around two girls, as they whispered in his ear. He lured at your table and smirked. You nudged Korra.
"Hey, who's that creepy guy over there that keeps luring at us?" She looked over Bolin's shoulder and narrowed her eyes. Bolin glanced back and sighed.
"That's Tahno and the Wolfbats... Pro-bending champs, three years running... Don't make eye contact!" But it was too late. Your e/c eyes meet his light ones, and he offered you a cocky smirk. He stood up and motioned his posse to follow him. You cursed and pointed at them. Korra narrowed her eyes at the group as they approached your table.
"Oh no... here it comes. Now, don't mess with this guy, he's a nasty dude!" Bolin commented. You just nodded and averted your eyes towards the group approaching.
"Well, well, well... if it isn't the fire ferrets..." Tahno spoke. His voice was low and non-caring, like he was talking to someone less important than him. You had to admit, he was extremely attractive. His cocky smirk and lazy eyes gave him this mysterious yet attractive look. His wavy black fringe fell in front of his face. He was lean but muscular and he was dressed in all black. You looked up at him. Your face neutral.
"... Pro-bending's saddest excuse for a team..." He continued, smirking at your team.
"Tell me, how did a couple of amateurs like you luck yourself into the tournament? Especially you, Uh-vatar..." He spoke sarcastically. You glared at him and scoffed, and you heard Korra scoff too. Meanwhile Bolin didn't want any problems and continued to silently eat his soup. Tahno glanced at you and bit his lip.
"Oh... you must be the famous water bender... Y/n, right?" You looked back down at your plate and nodded angrily, poking your chopsticks in the bowl of noodles.
"The word spreads apparently..." You snapped back. A low, deep chuckle escaped his lips. He placed a hand on the table in front of you and leaned forward, his other hand on the back of your chair. His face was inches away from yours and you glanced up at him.
"You know, if you like to learn how a real pro bends, I could give you some... private lessons." He offered seductively. You felt a shiver crawl up your spine at the tone of his voice. You sighed and stood up, facing him and glaring. Your faces were extremely close together, and everybody turned silent and waited for your response.
"You wanna go toe-to-toe with me, pretty boy?" He smirked and chuckled again.
"Go for it... I'll give you the first shot." He responded smoothly and you gritted your teeth. You knew that if you would hit him now, you would be out of the tournament. If you hit your opponents outside of the ring your team will be disqualified. You stared into his eyes and glared, as he challenged you with a playful expression.  It was silent for a few seconds, you and Tahno just staring at each other. You eventually gave up and sat down with a scoff. Tahno smirked and leaned back towards you to whisper in your ear.
"Good girl..." He then gave you one last arrogant curve of his lips, before motioning his fangirls and teammates to follow him back. You glared and poked your chopstick into your food angrily.
"What. A. Prick." Korra agreed and gritted her teeth as she began rambling on about how much she despised him. You on the other hand, still felt his eyes on you. You glanced up to meet his eyes again, but this time it was different. He raised an eyebrow at you, then averted his eyes to something else. You shook you head and got back to eating your noodles.
Tahno was interesting, and you wanted to know more about him. Something about him was attracting you, and you hated that it did. You bit your lip and nodded to yourself. You wanted to slap that arrogant smirk off his pretty face. You turned to Korra and Bolin and cut them off, making them look at you.

"Lets crush those Wolfbats in the ring..."