Chapter 6

Your fingers were clenching around the edge of the sink. The whole scenario with the equalists had been real, meaning Tahno was still captured and being tortured. You cursed under your breath and turned the tap on the slap some water in your face.

What were you going to do? Even though you despised the guy, you couldn't just stand here and do nothing at all. On the other hand, you had no idea where he was. Maybe it was best if you would just continue your day, you were sure they'd eventually find out he was missing.

So with that in mind you got dressed, grabbed the uniform you had to wear in battles, and stuffed some bread into your mouth before leaving your apartment.

It was hot out. The sun burned the top of your head and forced little droplets of sweat to run down your temples. You were running, which didn't help much with staying cool. There was so much on your mind, that you didn't know what to actually think anymore.

It didn't take you long to arrive at the building you were having the finals at. The arena was already filled with people, and there were was still a long line waiting to get in. Like usual you sneaked your way in through the participant's door, and followed the signs towards the locker room. As you entered it, Korra, Mako and Bolin were already there, discussing some of their strategies and tactics they were going to use. Once you stepped into the room, all their heads turned towards you.

"Y/n, finally you're here." Mako stated, a heavy sigh falling from his lips as you were late once again. Korra snorted at his grumpy attitude and patted him on the shoulder in a playful manner.
"C'mon, grumpy, she's not that late. We haven't even started to warm up yet." She offered you a wink, to which you nodded gratefully. You quickly placed your bag on one of the benches and began changing in your uniform while the others began to walk towards the training field.

You slapped your helmet on before joining them, adjusting your gloves as you got in line to aim at the targets.

You couldn't get the thought of Tahno out of your mind. He was still in danger, while you were here just enjoying your usual day. It were the finals and the captain of the opposite team wasn't even going to be there. Has no one heard anything from the missing guy, or hadn't people noticed yet?

"By the way... Have any of you hear anything about Tahno?" You muttered, causing Mako to stop mid-attack to turn to you. You turned silent as his eyes burned into your presence. You swallowed thickly, and flinched slightly as he grabbed your shoulder roughly and pulled you closer.
"You remember what I told you, right?" You narrowed your eyes at him, scoffing at his superior attitude. You pushed his hand off your shoulder and folded your arms over your chest.

"What is your problem?" You snapped back at him, walking past and back in front of the targets to practice. You ignored his muttering, and placed yourself into defense as you began firing at the targets. You continued this till you finished your turn, and all your targets had been hit. Korra gave you a thumbs up and stated "If you keep this up, we're totally gonna defeat those dirty Wolfbats!"

You didn't respond, and just plopped yourself down onto the ground, leaning back on your arms and blowing a stray piece of hair out of your face. Korra joined you after she finished, while Bolin and Mako were watching the arena fill up with people. Some dressed in green while chanting the names of the Wolfbats, while some were dressed in red and just quietly waited for your team to reveal themselves.

"5 minutes guys." You nodded at Bolin's announcement, and rose from your seat on the ground to stretch your limbs once more. "Lets do this, guys." Mako said with a proud smirk, motioning you and Bolin to join his side and walk towards the entrance of the rink you were supposed to battle at. The lights dimmed and the whole crowd went nuts as the commentator began speaking. Loud cheers fueled your excitement, and you couldn't help but fidget as you waited for your introduction.