Chapter 2

You couldn't believe he left you.
You were wandering through the city, your arms wrapped around yourself, trying to stay warm. At daytime it had been a nice 75/24 degrees, but at night it would drop to around 39/4 degrees. As you breathed out, you could see a small cloud of your breath fade into the air. You shivered and gritted your teeth.
You looked at another street sign and sighed in relief as you recognized the street name. You were now close to the bar you had been at before Tahno had taken you to the arena to "train". He had told you he needed to use the bathroom, then left without telling you. You had waited 30 minutes for him to return, but he probably had already taken a cab back home. You already couldn't stand the guy, but now hatred towards him was running through your veins.
After you found your way back to the bar, you noticed it was still pretty crowded. Drunk people invaded the room, clearly intoxicated as they slurred and hung onto one another. You sighed in relief as you stepped into the warm room, and your body stopped shivering. The smile once on your face appeared again, as you noticed Bolin standing at the bar, seemingly bored. You walked towards him and patted him firmly on his shoulder.
"Hey, lover boy..." He removed the beer bottle from his lips and smiled at your presence. He turned towards you and punched you playfully on your shoulder.
"Geez, Y/n, where have you been? " You rolled your eyes and sat down next to him, leaning your elbows on the bar.
"Tahno took me to the arena, then left me there... he's such an ass." Bolin furrowed his eyebrows and nudged you with his elbow.
"Why would you even go with him anyway?" You shrugged in response, then motioned to the barista and ordered a mojito.
"I dunno... let's just have some fun before we leave..." Bolin sighed and nodded, letting it slip and ordering another drink.
As you were sipping on your drink, you turned towards the liveliness of the room and leaned back against the bar. Your eyes roamed over the crowd, wondering where Mako was. Bolin had told you he had no idea where he was and that it was possible that he left. You assumed he went and visited Asami, as the two of them couldn't be apart for more than an hour. But as your eyes scanned around the room, they widened when you met a pair of familiar eyes. You narrowed your eyes at Tahno, and gritted your teeth at his appearance. You hadn't expected him to return to the bar and scoffed at his audacity to return once he left you. He gave you the all-too-familiar smirk, and winked, making your blood boil. You noticed he was conversing with a girl. She seemed desperate for his attention and sat on his lap, giggling at whatever he said. Tahno seemed less interested, eyes stuck on you. The girl noticed his lack of interest at some point, and her lips curved downwards, disappointed. She moved off his lap, yet was pulled back by Tahno, whose interest slipped back onto her.  She giggled and leaned forward, whispering something in his ear that had him raise an eyebrow. Tahno looked up at the desperate girl and wrapped an arm around her waist. He connected his lips to her neck, making the girl gasp and giggle. You watched the scene with fire in your eyes. You clenched your fists, not knowing what had gotten you so angry. He made eye contact with you and smirked as he kissed the girl's neck. You groaned and looked away, feeling yourself get more infuriated as you watched him. Bolin glanced at you slightly confused.
"Bolin, I'm leaving... I'll see you tomorrow." You stood up, throwing some bills on the counter to pay for your drink. Bolin whined and begged you to stay, but you shook your head and gave him a small smile.
"No, I'm super tired. Later, bro." He shrugged and quickly waved, sighing deeply and looking around for anything fun to do.

You exited the bar and buried your hands deep inside the pockets of your jacket. You walked down the empty street, holding the key to your room tightly in your hand. You smiled internally as you reached your apartment, and you quickly jogged up the stairs toward the front door, unlocking it. You quickly stepped into it and threw your jacket onto the nearest chair. You felt exhausted and went straight to bed, pulling the covers over yourself and drifting off into a peaceful slumber.