Chapter 7

The day ended with the four benders going out to eat together. Bolin still preferred ramen over sushi, so now you were back at the local parlor that served the best in town. Which also happened to be the place you and Tahno previously had a face off, and that fact couldn't get out of your head, no matter how hard you tried.

Mako had already been keeping an eye on you, and having someone watch over your shoulder with every move you made was getting exhausting. You knew he was just overly protective, but it was getting rather annoying. Even as you stepped into the small restaurant, he had to comment on the way you roamed your eyes over the seats.

"I don't think he's here, ___. You'll have to do it with us." He snapped, asif he thought that your friends didn't matter anymore. With a roll of your eyes you decided to act like you didn't hear him, since you didn't feel like making a scene in the middle of an establishment like this. It also seemed totally unnecessary to you to make such conclusions out of nowhere.

"There's a spot over there, next to the spot we sat at last time, remember Bolin?" As you mentioned his name, his head snapped up towards you, smiling and chuckling at the memory.
"Yeah, sounds great." He responded with a nod, and within a few minutes the four of you were seated on very comfortable pillows, scooted forwards towards the table. Mako sat in front of you next to his brother, while you and Korra occupied the other side. 

"So Mako, how are you and Asami doing?" Korra asked, pouring herself some water that was placed on the table by one of the waiters. Mako shrugged, not feeling telling the girl about what they had been up to. He had noticed the way she looked at them if they were together, and he wondered if there was jealousy hidden in her eyes. But he couldn't really judge her for it, as he had been feeling a little envious himself as well these past couple of days.

"Pretty good, I guess..." He mumbled in return, grabbing the menu from the table. He opened it and hid his face behind it, shutting out the rest of you in order not to continue the conversationthat was started. You frowned upon his behavior, but you knew commenting on this would only increase the tension between the both of you.

Korra also frowned, a sigh falling from her lips before she grabbed her menu as well. You, Korra and Bolin had been here before, so you knew what the menu was like. Nonetheless you probably would order the same thing as you did last time, and you knew Bolin to be an exact same type of person. The waiter returned fairly soon, and wrote down all of the orders that were being called out.

"Thank you. Your order will be up in a few minutes." He smiled and offered a small bow towards the four of you, before heading back towards the kitchen. As soon as the guy left, Mako slammed his menu on the table, air shot in your direction making a few strands of hair blow out of your face. His eyes were set on you, and you didn't like the look he gave you. He seemed to be looking for a fight, and you weren't sure if you were up for it right now.

You could feel Korra tense at your side, and that hand that had previously been petting Pabu, was now carefully placed by her side. Mako eyed you, before he actually opened his mouth.

"What's going on between you and Tahno?" He asked, and you immediately remembered the last time he asked about the two of you. It was almost as if he was obsessed with the relationship between his rival and ally, and you wondered if that really was the only reasin why he seemed so agitated by you.

"I can't tell you." You honestly spoke, knowing that if anything from the past few days was thrown on the table, either you or Tahno wouldn't make it out alive. You wanted to explain this to them, especially when you noticed Bolin's face drop into a look of dissapointment. Mako seemed ready to fire at you, but you quickly continued to explain yourself.