IMAGINE: Bucky getting jealous

Steve Rogers and you lean over your kitchen table, looking over a list and ideas you've made for Bucky's surprise birthday party.

     "So do you think it's good?" You ask, eyeing your friend.

     "Good?" He sputters. "Y/N, this is incredible! Buck is going to love this." Steve states. You beam proudly just as your front door opens.

     Bucky, your boyfriend, walks into your house, his jaw dropped. He looks between Steve and you bent close together. Once you see Bucky, you jump apart from Steve and quickly cover the list with some newspapers.

     Bucky crosses his arms. "What's going on here?" He asks, his voice shrill, jealousy seeping into his tone. A muscle in his jaw moves and you can tell he's trying to remain calm.

     "B-Bucky, what are you doing here?" You ask.

     He glares at you. "We have a date, remember? Or did you forget?" He asks, throwing a look at Steve.

     Steve sucks in a breath. "Well, Y/N, I need to go now. I'll see you around, guys." He says, before practically running out the door.

     Bucky looks at you through narrowed eyes. "What was he doing here, Y/N? And why were you so close to him?" He grits out.

     "It was nothing, Bucky. He just was helping me with some stuff." You mutter. "Let me go change and then we can go on our date." You add softly, walking past him.

     Bucky grabs your arm and stops you. You stare straight ahead, refusing to look into his eyes.

     "Can I trust you, Y/N?" He demands.

     You look at him, your eyes wide. "Of course you can!" You exclaim. Bucky stares hard into your eyes before releasing you.

---

     Bucky doesn't even talk to you as you eat dinner at a diner. You make small talk but Bucky barely acknowledges you. He picks at his food and continuously looks away, rubbing his jaw, looking worried.

     "Bucky?" You ask softly.

     "What!" He snaps, making you flinch.

     "Are you okay?" You ask.

     "I don't want to talk about it." He mumbles. He suddenly pulls out his chair and stands. "I'm finished, we're going." He states abruptly, slapping some dollar bills on the table.

     Your eyes wide, you stand up. "Okay, then." You whisper.

     You trail behind Bucky as he stalks off to his car. The ride to your house is dead silent, the tension incredibly thick. He parks outside the front of your house.

      "Thank you for tonight." You murmur quietly, getting out of his car. Bucky waits until you're in the house until he drives off.

---

     You wake up to someone ringing your doorbell and pounding profusely on your front door. Your heart thuds against your chest in a panic and you get out of bed. You walk through the kitchen, grab a large frying pan, and then head to the front of the house. You peak out one of the windows and see Bucky's car parked out front.

     "Oh my goodness, what is he doing?" You mutter, setting down the frying pan and turning on the lights. You unlock the door and open the door. "Bucky, what are you doing here? It's 3:00 in the morning." You say, looking at your boyfriend, who looks like he hasn't slept a wink. Dark circles ring his under eyes and his hair is sticking out.

     He walks into your house and shuts the door. "I can't do this anymore. It's tearing me apart, Y/N. I demand to know what Steve was doing at your house earlier!" He says, pacing madly in front of you. "I trusted you to be faithful to me, and here you're two-timing with my best pal!" He shouts.

     "Bucky!" You gasp in horror.

     Bucky whirls around and faces you, pointing an accusatory finger in your face. "It took everything ounce of self-control to come here, and not to Steve's. I would've punched his face in." He states.

     "James. Buchanan. Barnes. You should be ashamed of yourself." You say coldly, your hands on your hips, your eyes narrowed into slits. For the first time, the anger washes away on Bucky's face. He looks at you almost a little fearfully.

     "You want to know what Steve was doing here? You really want to know?" You ask.

     "Yes...?" Bucky replies, suddenly unsure, his voice cracking.

     You turn around and strut to your kitchen table. You whip out the lists for Bucky's party and stalk back over to your boyfriend. You, none-too-gently, thrust the papers against his chest.

     "He was helping with ideas for your surprise birthday party." You choke out, tears of anger coming to your eyes.

     Bucky looks at you in surprise, and then in remorse, his lips parted. "Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry." He whispers genuinely. He slowly looks down at the paper, reading it. "I-I had no idea." He says.

     "No." You say, blinking away the tears. You sniff. "No, you didn't." You finish.

     "I thought... I thought..." Bucky sputters.

     "I know what you thought. I'm honestly so disappointed in you. How could you think that I'd cheat on you? How could you think that I'd betray you like that? That Steve would betray you like that?" You ask, shaking your head.

     "Y/N." Bucky groans. "I'm sorry. I'm so stupid. I was so jealous." He admits. "I don't know what came over me." Bucky sets aside the papers and puts his hands on your shoulders.

     "Y/N, will you please forgive me? I'm so sorry." He begs.

     "I forgive you, Buck." You whisper.

     "Oh, thank you." He breathes with relief, pulling you into his arms. You hug him. "Y/N, I promise I will make this up to you. I promise." He says. You nod against his chest.

     He pulls back and looks at you. "I'm so sorry." He whispers again, before kissing you soundly on the mouth.

     You smile. "You need to go apologize to Steve in the morning." You say, once he pulls away.

     "I will." Bucky says, caressing your face.

     "I love you." You say, smiling.

     "I love you more, Y/N." He whispers, before kissing you again.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!