IMAGINE: Bucky taking you to a dance

| IMAGINE for @lady_Ireth |

     You sit on the park bench with Bucky, your best friend and crush, and watch as ducklings follow their parents on the lake.

     Bucky clears his throat. "So, Y/N." He says nervously.

     You look at him and smile. "Yes?" You ask.

     "There's this, uh... There's this dance tonight. And I was just wondering if you'd like to go with me." He answers, not meeting your eyes.

      You grin happily. "Of course I'll go with you!" You exclaim.

     He lets out a sigh of relief. "Really?" He breathes.

     You nod exuberantly. "Yes. I'd love to." You say.

     He smiles and reaches his hand over to cover yours. "Thank you." He replies.

     "No, Bucky, thank you." You return, smiling and blushing.

---

     At evening, Bucky comes calling.

     "Y/N, James is here!" Your mother shouts from downstairs.

     You give yourself a glance over in the mirror, fix your dress, and run down the stairs in your pumps. You spent the last hour fixing yourself up for the dance and you want everything to be perfect.

     When Bucky sees you, his whole face lights up and you blush. "Wow, you look beautiful, Y/N." He says softly.

     You do a slow twirl, smiling shyly. "Thank you." You whisper.

     "Well, you two better get going." Your mother says.

     "Are you ready to go?" Bucky asks.

      You nod as give your mother a quick kiss on the cheek. Bucky holds out his arm and you hook yours around his. You both smile at each other and then look away, blushing.

---

     "Do you want to dance?" Bucky asks, fifteen minutes after you've arrived at the dance. It's a slow dance.

     You nod and slide your hand into his, your heart beating nervously against your chest. Bucky wraps his arm around your waist and your breath catches in your throat.

     He gives you a willowy smile. "This is nice, isn't it?" He says.

     You return the smile. "It is. Thank you for asking me to come with you, Bucky." You reply.

     "Sorry it was on such short notice. I knew about the dance for a while. I was just too nervous to ask you." He explains.

     "You? Nervous?" You laugh softly.

     Bucky grins. "It's true. Every time I was about to ask you, I'd look at you and lose the courage. I'd get all nervous." He says.

     You blush and look down. "So I make you nervous?" You inquire softly.

     Bucky laughs quietly and nods. "Yeah, yeah. You make me nervous." He states.

     You hide your smile as Bucky pulls you closer. You rest your head against the side of his neck and sigh.

---

     Bucky walks you up to your front door after one of the best nights ever.

     "Thank you so much, Bucky. I had a lot of fun." You say, smiling, stopping outside the door.

     "I did too." He agrees.

     "Well, I'll see you soon." You tell him, before reaching for the handle.

      "Y/N." Bucky says, grabbing your hand and stopping you.

     You slowly look up at him, his face so close to yours that you can feel his breath. His face is in the shadows and he stares down at you. Slowly Bucky leans his head down and kisses you. Your eyes flutter closed and you kiss him back. Bucky tightens his grip around your hand, deepening the kiss.

     The front light of the porch goes on making Bucky and you jump apart. He smiles at you and nods. "Goodnight, Y/N." He whispers, his voice hoarse, before walking down the pathway.

     You giggle happily, feeling like you're on cloud nine.

     The front door opens. "Y/N. I thought I heard voices. How was the dance?" Your mother asks.

     "Wonderful." You sigh dreamily, twirling into the house, before running to your bedroom. Your mother stares after you, smiling and shaking her head.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!