IMAGINE: Chase feeling guilty

| IMAGINE for @Supernaturalgirl3191 |

You sit with Chase, your best friend, on your bed in your dorm at Spenser Academy. He stares at the floor, his face grim. "Do you want to talk about it?" You ask softly, rubbing his shoulder.

He lightly shrugs. "I-I can't do this anymore, Y/N." He whispers. You watch his face and he looks at you. His eyes are filling with tears.

"Chase, talk to me." You whisper, your eyebrows drawn worriedly.

Chase holds his hands out and they shake. "I feel so evil. I-I use my power to hurt people. I've killed people, Y/N. I didn't feel bad about it until now. I...I used to actually take pleasure in hurting people." He explains, before he chokes on a sob. He buries his face in hands and weeps. "I'm a monster. I'm a total monster." He sobs. Tears fill your eyes and you bite your lip. You know Chase is very powerful and you know he's done some terrible things. You're trying to help him work through things. But this is the first time he's ever snapped and realized his wrongdoings.

"You can change, Chase. I know you can. You've changed so much already. Who's to say you can't change even more?" You ask softly.

"How can I go on with all that I've done? I will live with this guilt for the rest of my life." He says, looking at you. His face is tear streaked.

"It won't be easy. It will be really hard. But you won't be going through it alone. I'm here for you, Chase. I always will be." You whisper, offering him a sympathetic smile. "You have to take each day one at a time. You can't look at your life as a whole—you can't look at all your upcoming days, thinking about all the guilt you'll feel. It will crush you."

"How can I ever redeem myself?" Chase asks, sounding so utterly broken it's heart wrenching.

You open your mouth, but no words come out. You sigh. "I-I don't know." You admit. "I think the first step would be to stop hurting people and stop convincing people to transfer their Powers over to you." You say. Chase nods and sniffs. "Come here." You say, pulling him into your arms. He latches onto you and hugs you tightly. You rub his back.

"Thank you, Y/N." He whispers.

You close your eyes. "You're welcome." You sigh.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!