Chapter 7

Vlad walked out and closed the door behind him. He sighed, Danny wasn't even remotely happier than when he got here. What could he do so poor Danny would cheer up?

Then the idea hit him. He went to a ghost that he knew and asked him a favor. The ghost agreed and left. This has to cheer up Danny. Vlad thought to himself.

It was a few hours, but Vlad's suprise finally came.

Meanwhile, Danny had not moved from his spot sitting on his bed. His knees were pressed up to his chest, his arms were wrapped around his legs, and his head was down. He had been like that for hours, when once again there was a knock on his door.

"Come in." Danny mumbled just loud enough for the person on the other side of the door to hear. They walked in and closed the door behind them.

"Danny?" Danny looked up and in front of him was his best friends, Sam and Tucker. Sam rushed in and gave Danny a bear hug. Danny let out a whimper of pain at this. "Sorry!' Sam said quickly. "It's okay." Danny mumbled. "What are you guys doing here?" "One of Vlads helecopters came and picked us up while we were at the park. But enough about us, how are you?" Tucker asked. Hurt filled Danny's eyes. Not tears, just hurt. They sat down in front of him on the bed. "I can't go home." Danny said brokenly. "They'll just try to kill me again. And I'll probably not see Jazz again either. The saddest part is that since she's on her trip, she has no idea what's going on." "Well when does she come back?" Sam asked. "Three days." Danny said. "And when she gets home they'll probably bombard her with questions, I hope they don't hurt her too."

Just then the door opened. "I could pick her up." Vlad said. "You were listening?" Sam said angrily. "I was passing when I heard Jazzes name. That's when I started listening." Vlad said. Sam was about to protest when Danny interrupted by saying, "Could you?" Sam and Tucker looked at him.

"I don't think Jazz will trust Vlad." Tucker said. "Well... We could come with him." Sam said suggestively. Danny sat up and hugged her. "Thank you Sam."

"Splended." Vlad said, clapping his hands together. "I can get rooms set up for you two until it's time to pick up Jazz." "What about our parents?" Tucker asked, "Wouldn't they be wondering where we are?" "Oh, I know how to take care of that." Vlad said assuredly, then walked out, closing the door behind him.

"Are you sure we can trust him Danny?" Sam asked before realizing he wasn't listening, but was examining the scars on his left arm, with that  hurt feeling still in his eyes. She dropped the subject.

They sat there for a while before Tucker said, "So, is there anything to do around here?" Danny got up, and gestured for his friends to follow. He lead them through a long hallway, and up a flight of stairs, before entering a room and turning on the light. "Wow!" Tucker and Sam (Mostly Tucker) exclaimed as they saw a room with a huge tv, and any kind of video game consol there is, with shelves of video games.

"I didn't know Vlad plays video games!" Tucker exclaimed. "He doesn't. I don't know why he has these." Danny said, curious himself.

They picked out a consol and a game and started playing. Danny was not at his full gaming potential. In fact, he was derastically losing. This went on for a while before he finally quit, and went to sit down on one of the other sofas.

Though Sam and Tucker didn't show it very well, they were extremely worried for Danny. He was quite gloomy and kept jumping at the sound of weapons being shot from the game. They played for a while longer before Sam paused the game and said, "Well I'm hungry, anyone else?" "Yeah me too." Tucker said.

So the three of them went down to the kitchen to see if there was any food. "Jackpot!" Tucker exclaimed as he found a cuboard full of junk food. They each grabbed a bag of chips of their choice, then turned back around  to see Vlad behind them.

"Wouldn't you three want a propper dinner? It's no trouble at all." Vlad said. Sam and Tucker looked to Danny but he just said, "Your choice." Then Sam, slighty awkwardly for she was still not used to the friendly Vlad said, "Well sure. Um, thanks." The three of them put their bags back in the cupboard before leaving the kitchen. They went back to the game room, but didn't unpause the game.

Danny sat away from them on the opposite couch. Tucker couldn't handle seeing his friend like this so he said, "Hey, Danny. Do you, uh, wanna talk about it?" Sam agreed, "Yeah, you've been sad this whole time. You might feel better if you talk about it."

Danny looked up, "Well, I, uh,-" He sighed. "I don't know what to say... My own parents, the ones who were supposed to love me no matter what, hates me now and tried to kill me, all because I'm part ghost. Just because I'm a little different. I wish I never told them." Tears started to well up in his eyes again and he put his face back into his knees."Maybe I should have just let them finish me off." Danny mumbled in a muffled voice.

"Now don't say that, Danny." Sam said, sitting down next to him. "Yeah, you still have us and your sister." Tucker said sitting on the other side of Danny.

Just then an intercom came on from the room and Vlad said, "Supper is ready."

Danny got up, "You two can go eat. I'm going to bed." and he walked out.

Sam and Tucker went to the dining room and sat down. "Where's Daniel?" Vlad asked. "He went to bed." Sam said sadly. Vlad frowned, "Well, let's eat then, I suppose."

Dinner was silent. Everyone ate and when they finished, Sam and Tucker went upstairs to their rooms, before going off to bed.

It was about 3 in the morning when Danny was tossing, and turning, and mumbling in his sleep, before waking up, screaming at the top of his voice. A few seconds later Sam, Tucker, and Vlad came through his door in a worry. Danny was panting and shaking. "Danny what happened?!" Sam exclaimed. Danny looked around the room frantically, as if to find someone, but seeing as only Vlad, Tucker, and Sam were there he slowly started to calm down.

Sam turned to Tucker and Vlad. "I've got this, you two go back to bed." They two guys nodded and walked off, leaving Sam with Danny. She closed the door behind her, walked over to the traumatized Danny, and sat down next to him and put her arms around him.

"Shh. It'll be alright Danny. They're not here. You're safe." Sam said comfortingly. Danny lay his head on Sam's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm acting this way, and stressing you guys out." Danny mumbled. "Don't be sorry." Sam said. "I'd be like this too if this happened to me. It's okay to cry."

They stayed hugging for a while before eventually about an hour or so later, Danny fell back asleep. Sam looked down at him and smiled at how peaceful he looked when he was sleeping. She carefully lay him down, and put the covers over him.

Sam kissed him on the forehead and whispered, "I love you, Danny." Before silently walking out of his room and closing the door.