Chapter 12

"Where are we going to go? Back to Vlad's?" Danny asked, traumatized. " "No," Jazz said, "That's the first place Mom and Dad will look." "Then where?" Danny asked. Jazz sighed, then thought for a moment. She would call a friend, but she didn't really have any. "What about Sam?" She finally decided on. "You know, just 'till we find a place." Danny nodded and they headed to Sam's house, and knocked on the door.

Sam opened the door and smiled when she saw Danny, but the smile instantly vanished when she saw the bags. "What's going on?" She asked concernedly. In a small voice Danny said, "They tricked me." He held out his wrapped up arm for Sam to see.

Sam gasped and moved out of the way for Danny and Jazz to come inside. "Follow me, I'll show you guys to the guest rooms." Sam said, gesturing for them to follow. She showed them to two vacant rooms. "I'll go make us some food." Sam said, caringly then walked back downstairs.

Danny walked into his room. Jazz set her bag down then walked into his room too. She wanted to cry so badly but she had to stay strong for her little brother. She walked over to Danny who had just set his bag down then put her arms around him and hugged him. "It's all going to be okay." Jazz said, "We'll make it through this. I promise."

They stood there hugging for a few minutes before Jazz let go, kissed Danny on the top of his head, then walked out.

Sam finished cooking, she made some simple mac n cheese. They all got their plates then sat down at the table. There was an awkward silence as they were eating so Jazz decided to make conversation. "So where is everyone?" Jazz asked. Sam looked up, "Oh, my parents are on their honeymoon for two weeks and my Gran should be home any minute. She went out to bingo."

Just then the front door opened and Sam's grandmother came through the door on her usual electric scooter. "Hi Gran." Sam said giving her a small smile. "Hi, honey. Oh you have company?" She asked warmly. "Yeah," Sam said, "Is it okay if they stay here for a while? They're, kind of in a tough spot right now." "Of course it is." Sam's Gran said, smiling then took a spot at the table and helped herself to some mac n cheese.

After they ate, Jazz went to the library they had, Gran went to watch a movie, and Sam and Danny stayed at the table. Sam scooted her chair closer to Danny's and put her hand on top of his. "Hey." She said. "Hey." Danny said. "Do you wanna talk about anything?" Sam asked warmly. Danny always appreciated this about Sam, he always knew he could tell her anything. But he didn't feel like talking at this particular moment. So Danny simply shook his head.

Sam moved her hand to his chin and lifted his head up to face her. "I'll always be there for you Danny." She said then kissed him on the cheek.