Chapter 9

Sam, Jazz, and Tucker sat there for a moment, registering what had just happened then Jazz said, "Maybe it did go a little too far. And now I feel even worse cause Danny thinks it's his fault we fought." "Yeah. Your right." Tucker said. Sam agreed.

Vlad walked into the room and said brightly, "Supper is ready!" Jazz, Tucker, and Sam got up from their seats and drearily walked out of the room, each wondering why Vlad was so cheerful.

The truth was, Vlad was not cheerful. He was as sad as the rest of them. But he thought that if he put on a smile, it might rub off and make the others at least slightly happy. So he just continued to smile.

When they sat down at the table, Vlad noticed someone was missing. "Where's Danny?" He asked. "We don't know." Sam responded. Vlad thought for a moment. "Well you three eat and I'll go look for him." Vlad got up and started searching in the rooms upstairs. After searching and failing, Vlad changed to Plasmius then flew up to the roof.

"Daniel?" He called softly. No Answer. "Little Badger?" Still no Answer. Vlad started to walk around the roof. He stopped when he heard the soft sobbing of a boy. Vlad looked around to see no one. He started walking in the direction of the sound, he stopped when he was right next to it. "Little Badger, is that you?" The sobbing stopped immediately, and Danny turned visible next to him with a false smile on his face. "What is it?" Danny said trying to sound happy but obviously unconvincing. "Um," Vlad said, "Supper's ready if you're hungry." Danny sat there for a moment staring at Vlad, prossessing what he just said, then responed simply, "Okay."

Danny and Vlad walked to the diningroom. Sam, Tucker, and Jazz had finished their food and were just sitting there, waiting. "Where've you been?" Jazz asked worridely to her little brother. Danny, still with that false smile on his face, responded, "I was just on the roof, getting some fresh air. No big deal." He sat down in a chair and got some food, then started to eat.

After dinner was over and everyone declined Vlad's offer for desert, they all went off to do their own thing. Danny went to his room and lay down hugging his knees to his chest. 'Why don't they love me? Why can't they see that I'm not bad. I should've let them finish me off. I'm not worth the time of anyone. I'm just an abomination.' Thoughts like this were in Danny's head all night. He was exhausted but at his many attempts of sleep failed, he gave up. As he was lying there another thought came to him, 'Maybe Mom and Dad are in less of a shock now. I could try again to talk to them again. Maybe now they'll listen.' Danny felt a sudden ounce of hope.

He rummaged through the desk in the room and found a pen and paper. Danny scribbled a note on it and set it on his pillow before going ghost and flying through the ceiling.

The next morning Jazz knocked on Danny's door with a tray of breakfast in her hands. "Danny? Danny, are you there?" After waiting a minute with still no answer she opened his door. "Danny?" She said, when she saw a note on his pillow. Jazz set the tray of food down and picked up the note.

To whoever reads this first, I'll be long gone by now. I went back to Amity Park to try again at talking to Mom and Dad. Maybe they've finally come to their senses after me being gone. Maybe they've had time to think. Or even if they haven't, maybe the shock of just finding out has died down enough for me to have a converstion with them. Either way I'm going to try again. Please don't come, I want to do this alone.    -Danny