7.

Athena's POV.

"Can someone tell me what's going on here? How do you guys know each other?" I asked.

"It's a long story..." Nick said scratching the back of his neck.

"I've got time" I put my hands on my hips "c'mon" I motioned for them to follow me to the kitchen.

Nick sat beside me at the table and Ethan and Grayson sat in front of us. There was so much tension and glaring going on. I cleared my throat hinting that someone should start the story.

"Right well, Nick and I used to be best friends but as we got older we started drifting apart. Then last year during a really important football game I was wide open and..."

"Wait this is only about football?" I cut Ethan off.

"No. Let me finish"

"Right sorry" I looked down at the table.

"So during this really important football game I was wide open and..."

"You were not!" Nick interrupted. Ethan glared at him.

"Yes I was." He said calmly, clenching his jaw "anyways he didn't pass to me and we lost the game. So that already mad me mad but I got over it."

Nick scoffed and Ethan glared at him.

"But then just a week later or so I heard that Nick hooked up with my girlfriend. So he pretty much stole my girlfriend." Ethan said with anger in his voice.

"Please she didn't like you anyways" Nick said in a cocky way. I'm really surprised by what I'm learning about Nick I never thought he'd do anything like that.

"Are you kidding!" Ethan got up from his chair but Grayson held him down.

"Nick, I think you should go" Grayson said.

"Fine." Nick said angrily, clenching his fists.

"I'll walk you out" I said quietly. When we got to the front door it was quiet and sort of awkward. I didn't know what to say. Nick seemed like such a nice guy, but the guy back there, he wasn't the Nick I know.

"Athena" Nick said softly "I just want you to know, I've changed I'm not the same guy anymore. I've made bad decisions in the past but I've learned from them. Please don't let what they say change your mind about me. You know me." He said pleadingly.

"I-I don't know Nick." I said sadly. He took my hands.

"Athena please" he said almost begging.

"Ok" I sighed. I guess he's right. He hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and my head was resting against his chest.

"I should go" he said looking down at me.

"Ok see ya" I gave him a weak smile. And with that he walked out the door and I went to the kitchen to see the twins.

"Sorry if that whole thing put you guys in a bad mood" I said.

"It's fine. I guess it just annoys me that Nick always one ups me" Ethan said running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Bro just don't think about him" Grayson said patting Ethan on the back. "Let's go watch the movie now." Grayson said standing up.

"I don't think I'm really in the mood, sorry guys." Ethan said disappointed in himself.

"No c'mon Ethan" I said pleadingly.

"No really I'm just gonna go home and let off some steam" I looked at Grayson questioningly.