My new apartment

Ariana Ryder

My apartment wasn't too far yet I felt away from my family. Away from home.

During the 45 minute drive all I could think was my family. I missed them already.

My mom's words, Jonas's invasion on my room and my dad's gift.... I pulled out the the gift from my bag and opened it. It was a new phone with a small note saying - 'for staying connected to us'. How much they cared about me!

Finally the cab pulled near the entrance of Wilson heights. I paid the driver and took the elevator to 5th floor. Then I noticed a lady coming out of the neighbouring flat.

She smiled at me and said, "Hello, I am Mrs. Leyman. I am your neighbour." She wasn't only my neighbour but she was also the landlady. I smiled politely and introduced myself. She seemed friendly. She and her daughter Emily helped me arrange my stuff.

The apartment was a decent one with reasonable rent. Two rooms, a small kitchen and a huge living room. The living room had a large window which provided a good view of the street. I chose the room which was to the left. My dad had already taken care of moving my book shelf, computer desk and other necessary furniture here, so all I had to do was arrange it.

While stuffing my book shelf with books, I asked Mrs. Leyman about the other girl. Mrs. Leyman said, "Oh yes, Mia is a great girl and she will be a great company to you." Mia. I've heard that before. But again Mia was a common name. "When is she moving in here?" I ask Mrs. Leyman to which she replies, " She will move in two days. She is a nice girl. Mia Green and her mother is also a kind lady."

Mia Green! Sounds so familiar....

I was about to ask more but I was interrupted by Emily.

"Should I put this on the top of the shelf? Or I should put it next to your night lamp?" She asked holding my pink bunny.

"Next to night lamp...." I smiled.

"It's cute.... I have a pink bear" She said giggling.

She was indeed a cute girl with round baby face, enormous blue eyes which matched her Mrs.Leyman's and cute dimples.

We soon finished arranging most of the stuff. Mrs. Leyman made me delicious coffee and told me about her family and how she moved here and stuff.

Then they left me alone. I laid down on the newly made bed and stared at the ceiling.

Creepy silence hung around in the air. The silence was really disturbing. I gazed out of the window.

The sky was blended with violet and orange the colours of twilight indicating the approach of night.

'I should make some dinner' I thought sensing my stomach rumble with hunger.

****
Hope you are enjoying.

Xoxo :-*