Nightmares

Mia Green

"Lennox!" I said. She glared daggers at me. "What's your problem, Mia?" She asked with bitterness in her tone. And soon her electric blue eyes got darker and darker until they were pitch black. "I was just a friend... but you took all this to a new level....!" She gave me one last deadly look and vanished. My eyes shot open. Ariana was there and so was Alec. "Mia..." Ariana trailed off as she didn't know what to say. Alec just stared. I knew what they must be thinking... or maybe not. My mom came bursting through the door. "Mia!" She yelled. Apparently she was crying. Moms are always moms. My thoughts drifted to my nightmare. Lennox.... I had sure lost a friend. But she looked hurt. I was hurt too.

"...... you need her help Mia, she is a very nice and friendly lady". Mom said. "Oh..yes " I was not really attentive. Ariana and mom seemed happy about it. I wished I had paid attention. After nearly 40 minutes a lady, dressed in a doctor's coat came smiling into my room. Really she was friendly. She said," I am Dr. Stephanie, you must be Mia. I am glad to see you. We will be conversing daily for sometime." She smiled again. I really felt warm in her presence. "Hello..." I managed to say.

But soon the warmness faded and minutes later I was bitterly crying. I couldn't believe the doctor was a psychiatrist and came here to treat me. She said I had DID. Meaning, I was mad. She calmed me down but to no avail. Soon she left. Before leaving me alone, she said, "Accept the truth Mia.... You're not mad... only your
brain works in a unique way... "

I sat alone and told the nurse not to let anybody in. I thought and thought.... I tried to reason with myself. I thought about what the doctor had said. Maybe she was right. I am not mad. Just my brain works differently. If I let her help me... I could be a better person...