Lennox visits again

Ariana Ryder

Today was my first day at my part time job. I got ready in a simple tight dark denim and a grey T-shirt. I was anxious but I thought of my career and forgot all about anxiety.

"Good luck " said Mia.

"Thanks. And aren't you going to Black Swan?" noting the fact that she was still in Pajamas. She shook her head and said, "That's only three days in a week."

I said goodbye and went to cafe decent.

I was on time and saw that Mrs. Greta had just opened the shop. Mr. Andrews, the Baker smiled as I entered. He offered me a free chocolate muffin, which I gladly accepted. I love this job already.

I turned to the decent counter where I was supposed to spend at least 7 hours of my day. Of course I was getting paid.

Mrs. Greta instructed me and gave a 15 minute demo after which I was ready. My main job was to answer people's queries, help them, receiving phone calls and see to customer's complaints and report them to Mrs. Greta. Super easy.

I liked my new job and time ticked by easily. Before heading home, I had a word with Mrs. Greta. She was glad that I was loving the job. I mean who won't like working in a place that over flowed with people who happily chatted. It was a really cheerful place. Besides, you got free chocolate muffins.

I got some muffins for myself and Mia before leaving.

I headed home. And knocked the door. No answer. I knocked again, a little louder. This time Mia opened the door with a big smile on her face. "Aria, couldn't you walk a little faster?"

Was that a question? I thought to myself. Zero response from me didn't stop Mia from talking. "Lennox just left a minute ago!" She said as she picked up the popcorn bowl and carried it to kitchen.

"Oh... I really wanted to see the artist" I said with fake disappointment. OK I did feel a bit disappointed.

Then Mia started out on the details of her afternoon with Lennox. Again, Lennox this and Lennox that. I nodded to make her believe that I was listening but I was thinking something else.

'If Lennox had left a minute ago, then why didn't I meet her on the way?' I excused myself and returned to my room thinking deeply about it.

I tried to reason with myself. Maybe she went through the other elevator.... this seemed the most logical explanation... and maybe I was making a mountain out of a mole hill...or maybe not...

That night, I decided to check  Mia's Facebook account. I bolted the door to my room and started my pc.

I found her on Facebook without much difficulty. She had many friends on Facebook and her profile looked typical like any other teenager.

Then I began to check out her friend list. I began to look for Lennox. But there wasn't anyone named Lennox.

I checked out the entire list anyway. No sign of any Lennox.

I shut the pc disappointed.

Then I heard some giggling. Giggling of a little girl. I thought my ears were ringing.

Then I heard it again.

"Hee...heehhee..."

I got up to investigate. I opened my door. Checked the whole house.

No sign of anyone.

Just when I was about to shrug it off, I heard it again.

This time, it came from Mia's room. I went towards her room.

I tried the knob, it was locked. I decided to peep in through the keyhole.

I bent down to peep.

I saw something blue. Then I realized it was an eye!

I drew back in surprise. And landed on my butt.

Then mustering courage, I peeped again.

This time, I saw Mia sleeping peacefully.

'Maybe I need some sleep' I thought and half ran into my room.

****

Xoxo

Plz vote and comment...
Criticism encouraged.... ☺☺☺

Xoxo