Into the darkness

Two weeks later

Ariana Ryder

I had horrible nightmares after I saw Mia in that condition. I couldn't get that scene out of my head. But I controlled myself. Mia needed me more than I needed myself. I meditated and went for morning walks to calm myself. It really works. I visited Mia everyday. She was responding to the treatment well. She slowly and steadily had accepted the fact that Lennox wasn't real. She was a bit hesitant first but it's really normal. All the same, we decided to move out of the apartment to wash off the bad memories. It wasn't that easy but worth giving a try. Alec was moving out too.

My college was off to a great start. I enjoyed every bit of it. Everything was normal and blissful. Mrs. Leyman helped me pack the last of our stuff. Me and Alec had packed Mia's remaining stuff. She was at Dr. Stephanie's clinic for her regular session. I was done. We were moving to an apartment called Merry Heights or something like that. It was near to my college.

I locked the apartment and went out. I would come later and pick that stuff and finally get out of here. I went to my decent job. Diana had finally broken up with Eric. They didn't really look good together anyway. That day unfortunately, I had to work till late because Stacy had to go on a medical leave. I didn't really mind. I loved working there.

It was dark outside when I left the decent cafe. I said goodbye to Diana and headed towards my apartment. Everything was eerily quiet, I suddenly noticed. Anyhow I kept walking and reached my room. I turned the door knob and went in. Of course no one was there. I went to my room and got my remaining stuff. I turned around and heard a faint noise from Mia's room. Curiously, I went over there and opened the door. There she was.... fiery red hair, electric blue eyes... standing before me with pure hurt and anger in her eyes...."You have made this personal Ryder.... I will pay you back for this" she hissed with venom in her voice. She walked backwards as she spoke, "You were the one who recommended Mia to that doctor... you denied my existence... You'll pay for this Ryder.." with that she jumped out backwards through the window. "No!" I yelled. No way she had survived that fall. I rushed downstairs. I went to the spot where she was supposed to fallen and dead but there was nothing. Not a drop of blood or a heap of bones. I looked around no sign of anything. Thats evil laughter filled the silence. I ran towards the street only to see Lennox run towards the dark street and dissolve into the darkness..... "Bring it on... " I said after her...

THE END

Hope you liked and enjoyed my story. Thank you for your generous votes and honest comments. Thanks to The_Rayth, alwayzhoping and all others who helped me throughout this book. This is my first book and writing was an amazing experience. Please let me know what you think of my book. Thank again all of you.

Have a great day....😊