I get a Job and a Surprise

Ariana Ryder

"At last" I said holding up the paper and showing the ad for the job I had just found perfect.

"Cool" Alec said. Yes, the window dude has a name and isn't so bad after all.

Mia snatched the paper from me "Go ahead, Aria. Its a decent one." I called the cafe called Martha's muffins. It was a decent cafe which provided decent coffee and decent snacks and was willing to pay decent amount for the receptionist. 'Pretty decent' I thought. The lady on the other end of the phone said I could come at 2 in the noon for interview.

Great.

I told the news to Mia and Alec. They nodded approvingly. Then Mia said, "I would like to dress you up for the interview" with pure excitement.

"That would be a great help" I said because I myself didn't approve of my simple dressing sense. Alec said he would stay for the noon and watch a movie. Funny, how he adjusted nicely with us in a short time.

"I must agree you are a wiz at fashion" I told Mia honestly as she dressed me in a simple yet attractive white shirt, black pencil skirt, high pony tail and finished the look with a shimmery pink gloss and thin eye liner. She looked satisfied with her work.

"You look pretty!" Mia exclaimed like a kid. Even her eyes gleamed like a kid.

"Thanks Mia" I said honestly.

I picked up my brown sling bag and hurried towards the door. Alec gave me a thumbs up and said, "You look pretty Aria. Mia did a great job." Mia blushed at the compliment.

I waved good bye and left.

The Decent Cafe was only three blocks away and I decided to walk. Yes, I renamed the cafe as 'decent ' which sounded more appropriate than 'Martha's muffins'. Anyhow, I need the money and for that I need the job. Who cares about the name.

The decent cafe was a bright and cheerful building. I liked the look of it. I entered the cafe, and a kind lady smiled and waved at me. I assumed she must be manager but she didn't look too decent. I smiled politely at her.

Minutes later she was asking me various questions about myself. I felt comfortable around Mrs. Greta, the kind, middle aged, not so decent lady. OK, she was decent. "I will let you know " she said smiling assuringly and I turned to leave. The interview had went well and I was sure I had bagged this one.

Back at my apartment, I was eager to announce the news. I turned the door knob and pushed the door. As I entered the room, I saw Mia staring at something open mouthed. I went in to look what was up. As I reached her side I couldn't believe what I saw....!

****

Hope you guys enjoying :-)

Xoxo