Insanity...?

Ariana Ryder

Mia was upset with the fact that her so called close 'friend' had left her to burn to death. I had never seen her so upset. She glared at her breakfast. Alec was staring at Mia. Finally he said, "It's OK Mia... we encounter such people at some point in our life..." Alec had brains and he could think.

I nodded in agreement and said, "Yes Mia... we're also your friends... " Both me and Alec tried out best to convince Mia. But still I could understand what she was going through. Or maybe not.

Lennox hadn't even called Mia to check on her after that incident, I found it really strange.

Finally, Mia left and so did me and Alec to return to our daily jobs. As I was leaving the house, I met Mrs.Leyman and had a word with her about the fire. Kind as she was, she didn't care about the repair costs of the damage but was thankful that Mia wasn't harmed.

My job at decent cafe is never boring. You get to see all kinds of people. But they all seem happy.

I went back home. I was about to enter my room when Mrs. Leyman called out to me. A little irritated, I turned to her and smiled politely. She smiled and handed me a box of chocolates and said, "This is a small gift for you and Mia. I made chocolates this morning and thought you would like some."

I thanked and turned to door.

"Ariana..." Emily, Mrs.Leyman's daughter called out to me.

"Hi, Emily..." I smiled at the little girl.

"Ariana, is your friend okay?" She asked with her innocent eyes showing real concern.

"Yes, she's ok." I answered.

"Your friend is funny, Ariana" Emily giggled.

"Why? Did she tell you a joke?" I asked.

"No! She talks to herself!" Emily said and went into a fit of giggles.

"Emily, dear, you shouldn't say such things! It's bad..." Mrs.Leyman said.

"But mommy my friend said crazy people talk to themselves!" Emily burst out laughing.

"Well, I guess I should leave...." I said and turned once more.

Thats when I heard shattering of glass. I was damn sure it was from my apartment.

I looked behind me, Mrs. Leyman was gone. I thrust the key in and rushed inside.

Once inside I saw Mia staring angrily at something. I rushed to her room and saw that she had broken the full length mirror in her room. She was giving death glares and eyeing the shiny mess on the floor.

"Mia...." I said. She looked at me and furiously said, "Lennox tried to kill me.... so I did the same..." a strange kind of evil satisfaction spread over her face.

Then Mia mumbled something which sounded like the mills of the Gods grind slowly...

I calmed Mia down and asked her where Lennox was she spat her name distastefully and said she was scared and went down through fire escape.

I rush to the window but it was too late to even catch a glimpse of the red headed Lennox. I saw a little blood on the floor but I couldn't be sure if it was Lennox's because Mia had a deep cut in her palm.

I was worried about Mia now. First Mia was upset, then silent and now mad with insane anger.....

****

Xoxo

Plz vote and comment :-)