No traces

Ariana Ryder

After the shattered mirror incident, Mia looked happier. She was Mia again. But somehow after that incident I had made up my mind to contact Lennox. I had a fool proof plan. I won't let Mia know that I have spoken to Lennox.

Later that evening, I got back from decent cafe and revised the plan in my head once more. Mia was already home. Me and Mia watched TV for a while. After a while, Mia got up and said she had some dance practice to do. I smiled and said that even I had some work to do. As soon as Mia left, I grabbed Mia's phone and went to my room carefully locking the door behind me.

I had seen and heard Mia talking to Lennox over phone many times. I searched Lennox's number and dialed it. It didn't connect. I tried once more. Nothing happened. After trying several times I gave up. I had a hunch that after the fire incident maybe cruel Lennox blocked poor Mia. Secretly I was totally annoyed with Lennox.

I browsed Mia's phone some more and found Alec's number. I called Alec, after realizing that he was at home when the mirror incident took place. So he had a chance of getting a glimpse of Lennox.

"Hello" Alec's voice snapped me back into reality.

"Alec, were you home when the mirror stuff took place?" I waited anxiously. He said, "Yes, I heard Mia shouting colorful words at Lennox. So I looked through the window. I saw her talking angrily to Lennox..."

I asked whether he had seen the other person to which he hadn't since the curtain was partly closed. I thanked Alec and hung up.

I sighed and placed the phone from where I had picked it up. I was determined to find Lennox. But where? And how? I had heard Mia say that she had moved near us. How much near? I couldn't even ask Mia because the mention of Lennox makes her upset. I sighed again. How could I ever trace Lennox....?

Then I had an idea.

I went to my room and opened Facebook once again.

This time I went through her profile carefully, went through her friend list, posts, tagged posts, mentions, etc.

Suddenly I heard the door knob turning.

I glanced at the door in horror. No way! If Mia finds out I'm checking her profile, she's gonna think I'm a crazy stalker!

The door burst open to reveal a grinning Alec.

Relief flooded over me.

Alec must've seen panic on face. "What are you doing on your PC?" He asked and wiggled his eye brows.

"Umm.. Watching stuff..." I muttered.

"What stuff?" He demanded getting more curious.

He wasn't ready to drop the subject. Worse, he started walking towards my computer.

I had to act quickly. It wasn't like I didn't trust Alec but I didn't want to tell him yet. He could tell Mia about this.

I had a weird idea.

Ofcourse I'd deny later that I did this.

I took off my jacket.

And I started walking seductively towards Alec.

I bit my lower lip.

Alec's jaw dropped.

I came face to face with Alec.  He was still dazed.

"You're so hot Alec...." I whispered.

"Ari..." He began to say but I shushed him.

"Your disheveled blonde hair is so sexy..." I whispered.

"Geez... Thanks..." He mumbled and smiled.

Then he put his hands around my waist and pulled my closer.

"Ariana... The moment I set my eyes upon you... I wanted to get..um.. Better acquainted with you..." He said.

"Ohh... That's great..." I mumbled.

"Yes... You're so different..." He said and our lips touched.

It wasn't a passionate kiss. More like a casual kiss.

I put my arms around his neck and led him out of my room while keeping him busy and distracted from my Pc.

We sat on the living room couch. Talking cheesy, romantic things.

Then I excused myself for bathroom.

I ran towards my computer and shut it down, feeling relieved.

Then a message flashed across the monitor -

You'll never find me.

And then the screen went blank.

****

Xoxo