Bonus chapter - The Return

Collin woke up in a cold sweat. He was panting heavily with his heart racing like crazy. Ever since he had been trapped in Minecraft, Herobrine and his realistically creepy grin and wild white eyes would occasionally haunt his dreams in a terrifying manner. The nightmare rarely happened, but tonight had been one of those nights. After he had calmed down a little, he stared at the dark sky through his bedroom window. He had awoken in the middle of the night, and could not help but reflect on his adventures in the world of Minecraft with his friends. Even though it was two years ago, the memories of fighting evil mobs, defeating Herobrine and even meeting Bob the villager still remained fresh in his mind.

All of a sudden, a flash of purple light shone out from his wardrobe for a brief second. "Hello?" Collin whispered. Cautiously, he tiptoed to his wardrobe and opened it slowly. Clothes were all over the place inside, but the purple glow continued with less intensity than before behind some jackets at the back. "No way. That's impossible," he mumbled as he quickly rummaged through his wardrobe.

At last, Collin found what he was searching for behind a winter jacket. It was the enderdragon egg that suddenly appeared in his bedroom two years ago. Not knowing what to do with it, he had hidden it at the very back of his wardrobe for safekeeping and had forgotten about it until now. But now, it was emitting a soft purple glow that seemed to give out a sort of hum. With eyes wide open in surprise and anticipation, he quickly grabbed his phone from his desk and frantically texted his girlfriend a quick message.

hi Scarlett... something weird happened. Remember how i told u bout the enderdragon egg? its glowing purple now... will explain in detail tomorrow. i love u

When the text had sent, he grabbed the egg with both hands and placed it on his bed; he had forgotten how heavy it was. For some strange reason, carrying the egg had caused it to glow brighter and brighter but when he placed it down, the glowing dimmed. That was when he figured out what to do.

"Here goes nothing," he said as he placed his hand on the egg, causing it to glow brighter and brighter again. Soon, it was so bright he had to squeeze his eyes shut. It was finally going to happen; the egg was finally going to hatch! Except when he opened his eyes, instead of seeing a baby ender dragon curling up and sleeping on his bed, he found himself standing on sand.

"You must be joking," he said to himself as he spotted the familiar squarish cactuses that surrounded him in a dark, blocky desert. Collin was once again in the world of Minecraft. He was suddenly aware of carrying a backpack and he reached into it to see what was inside. The only thing that was inside was the enderdragon egg, but before he could do anything, an arrow whizzed past him.

Looking up, he spotted a skeletal archer with a bow. The archer nocked another arrow and fired, but Collin quickly dodged it before running away. That was when two spiders appeared out of the darkness and began to chase after him. At the same time, the skeletal archer was still chasing and shooting arrows at him from behind.

"Leave me alone!" he cried out as he continued to run past various mobs, who were all interested in killing him. Collin ran with all his might, even with the irritating feeling of sand in his shoe. He soon crossed over to a biome with lots of mountains and caves, and decided to take refuge in a nearby cave without looking behind him. Unfortunately, the cave did not lead to anywhere else, and it was still night-time in the world of Minecraft. He turned to leave but froze in fear; bloodthirsty skeletal archers, spiders, and a creeper were now blocking his only exit. "I guess this is goodbye," he said grimly to himself as the mobs slowly approached him.

"Goodbye? You just got here!" a familiar voice responded from outside a cave. With a flash of gold, someone was fighting off the mobs that were chasing Collin and it wasn't long before all the hostile mobs were gone. The only one who stood at the entrance of the cave now was a person wearing full gold armour with a golden sword.

Collin's eyes widened. "Greg? Is that you?"

The golden knight smiled back at him. Nothing had changed about him at all; he looked the same he did two years ago. "That's right. The golden knight has just saved your as-"

"It's been too long!" Collin interrupted as he charged towards his friend, embracing him in an awkward guy hug.

"It surely has, Collin." Greg hugged back before giving his friend a punch in the shoulder. "Now tell me where you, Sam and Scarlett have been all this time! After you defeated the dragon, you three disappeared without a warning. I mean, I did figure out you had probably been sent back to your world but... it has been somewhat lonely you know? You didn't even say goodbye."

Collin looked down guiltily. "Yeah, sorry. I've missed you too. But how did you find me?"

Greg raised an eyebrow. "To be honest I was fighting some mobs for fun just around these mountainous areas when I saw you running into a cave. I came to your rescue as soon as I can."

"Yeah, thanks for saving me." Collin stared at the enderdragon egg in his bag. "I should really get going."

Greg's expression fell. "But you just got here."

"Don't worry Greg, I think I figured out a way to come back here easily. I'll come visit you soon I promise, we all will! Sam, Scarlett and I will be back soon." And with that, Collin placed his hand on the egg, and it started to shine brighter by the second once again.

"I'm holding you to that promise, Collin. You better visit very soon, because if you come back here in a few years instead I might not save you next time," Greg said cheekily.

"Looking forward to it," Collin replied. The next thing he knew, he was back in his bedroom back at home. The sun was starting to rise now, but the enderdragon egg rested safely on his pillow. Smiling, he carefully placed the egg back in his wardrobe. That was when his phone beeped.

Collin picked up his phone from his desk. There was a text message; it was from Scarlett.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: Hey Minecraft addicts, fellow gamers and Wattpadians! This bonus chapter was published to say thank you to all of you wonderful supporters for helping this book I've worked on years ago reach over 160,000 views, and over 4,700 votes! It has been a pleasure writing this book and this chapter. A lot of you asked for a sequel, but as I am working and planning to work on other stories and projects, there will be no sequel to this unfortunately. However, I hope you enjoy this bonus chapter nonetheless!