Epilogue

Monday morning was a pain for Collin, as he was forced to wake up earlier than usual just to go to school. Rays of light beamed through his dusty window and he wished that he could just crawl back under his covers. When he had finished getting ready and packed his schoolbag, he ate a quick breakfast with his sister, Jane. It was not long before he had gulped down the last few bites of his pancake and immediately headed for the front door after saying goodbye to his family.

On the way to school, his mind wandered off and he remembered the strange Minecraft adventures that he had experienced. Even though he still could not understand how it had all happened, Collin was glad that he had become friends with Greg and Scarlett, but at the same time, was a bit sad that he might not ever see them again. Yesterday, he had thought long and hard about what he was to do with the Ender dragon egg, and decided that he would discuss it with his best friend, Sam. However, until then, he had hidden it in a closed cardboard box and placed it under his bed.

The next ten minutes went by quickly and he then found himself in front of his shabby locker. Collin opened it with ease, ignoring the excited chatter that filled the locker room. Most of them were talking amongst themselves about what they had done on the weekend. Another minute passed before the noisy school bell rang across the boisterous hallway, making people start to head towards their classes.

The dark brown-haired boy found his first class and sat in his usual spot, in the back of the room just under a spinning ceiling fan. When everyone had settled in, their English teacher, Mrs Richardson, made her way to the front of her class with folders held under her arm.

"Good morning class, I trust that you've had a nice weekend, but now it's time for you to hand in your English assignments that is due today," she said clearly. This earned a bunch of annoyed groans from around the class.

After the majority of students had handed in their work, Mrs Richardson began to speak again, "It is good to see that most of you have completed your homework, but before we start anything new, let me use this time to introduce your newest classmate." She nodded at a girl sitting in the front row, who nervously made her way to the front of the now quiet classroom.

Collin usually did not bother to take notice of new students, as this school seemed to receive about one every month. However, when he glanced at the new girl, his mouth dropped open. His new classmate had long, red hair that fell past her shoulders as well as amber-coloured eyes.

Before he could even get a chance to say anything, the teacher interrupted him, "Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" Mrs Richardson said to the girl with a kind smile.

Taking a small step forward, she began to talk, "Well, my name is Scarlett, and I've just moved to this area with my family recently." She paused and looked straight into Collin's brown eyes with a warm smile. He was in complete shock, and could feel butterflies in his stomach.

He managed to smile back, and as she continued to introduce herself, he found himself falling more deeply in love with her. "I guess school wouldn't be too bad after all," Collin thought to himself as he tried to contain his mixed emotions of surprise and excitement.