Chapter 6 - The Urban Legend

Herobrine nocked another arrow, took aim and let it fly. This time though, Collin swung his sword at the right moment and sent the arrow spiralling in a different direction. He charged towards the white-eyed man with his sword high in the air. When he was close enough, he brought down the blade but Herobrine quickly dodged the attack with ease.

Before Collin could have time to get ready, Herobrine brought out a diamond sword and swung. The weapon struck him and he was sent flying back to the house. At the same time, Sam suddenly appeared from behind the wooden door and nocked an arrow. With great aim, he let go of the bowstring and sent the arrow right into Herobrine's left leg.

Sam helped Collin up to his feet and stared at their enemy, who was smiling creepily at them. "What do you want?" Collin shouted.

The mysterious figure did not reply, but instead, took out the arrow from his leg and began to charge towards them. With surprising speed, Herobrine knocked Collin a dozen blocks away with his fist and sliced Sam's bow in half before he could even grab for another arrow.

"No!" Collin yelled as Herobrine stabbed his friend in the chest. Sam writhed in agony before disappearing. Sam's down to one more life like me now," he thought bitterly to himself.

Herobrine turned around to face his next prey and quickly charged. Knowing he could not win, Collin closed his eyes and heard a loud stab. The strange thing was; he didn't feel anything touch him. Daring to open his eyes, he saw a person in fully enchanted gold armour standing in front of him. The stranger had his back to him and was holding an enchanted gold sword, which was stabbed inside Herobrine's chest.

"Got you," the gold warrior said with a smile. Herobrine began to glow brighter and brighter before disappearing with a burst of white light.

"Y-You saved my l-life, w-who are you?" Collin stuttered in shock.

The gold warrior turned around to meet the boy's eyes before replying, "I'm Greg, but am also known as the golden knight," Greg said with a proud grin.

"Oh um, thanks for saving my life, but is he dead?"

Greg laughed loudly, "Of course not. Herobrine cannot be killed, but he can be dispatched for a while. Anyways, what's your name? I haven't seen you around before."

"My name is Collin. My friend Sam and I don't actually belong in this world."

"Who's Sam?" Greg said with a puzzled tone.

At the same time, a slightly chubby and blond-haired boy started running towards them. He had a look of disappointment at first but when he saw the golden knight, his facial expression turned into astonishment. "Collin! Who is that? And where is Herobrine?"

"Greg, this is my friend Sam. Sam, this is Greg the golden knight, and he helped to defeat Herobrine." Collin introduced his friends to each other and got them to shake hands.

"Whoa! Nice enchanted budder armour dude," Sam said with admiration which made Collin roll his eyes.

"Budder armour?" Greg scratched his chin. "Oh, I see, you mean gold armour right?"

Sam exchanged looks with Collin before they decided to change the subject. "Greg, will you help us fight the Enderdragon? It might be our only way home," Collin asked.

There was a pause before Greg responded, "Fine, but I hope I'll get to slay many evil monsters," Greg said with a grin while swinging his sword through the air.

The three of them separated in order to complete different tasks quickly. Sam began to start building a nether portal outside of their home, Greg was busy crafting different weapons and sets of armour and Collin was now gathering materials for an enchantment table.

As the sun began to set, the three of them regrouped in front of the nether portal. Collin and Sam had a full set of diamond armour, which Greg generously gave to them. Collin rested a heavy-looking diamond sword on his right shoulder while Sam was nervously gripping his bow. "Here we go," the brown haired boy said as they started walking towards the swirly, purple portal.