Christmas Special

It was pouring with a heavy rain outside his bedroom window, and the house smelled of fish more than anything else much to his annoyance. His parents and younger sister had decided to go fishing on Christmas Eve and had brought home various bait and fish the night before, which explained why his home now reeked of a fish market. Collin sighed and collapsed onto his bed feeling bored out of his mind. He figured his family would probably arrive home late and as their family tradition, they were not allowed to open any presents until Christmas morning.

He thought about logging into Minecraft and finding a snow biome to create his perfect Christmas home and that was when an idea had popped into his head. In a hurry, he jumped out of bed, retrieved the ender dragon egg from the corner of his wardrobe hidden behind some clothes and placed it on the end of his bed. Collin also reached for his phone on his bedside table and vigorously began texting his friends.

Hey guys, can u drop by my house tonight after dinner? i have something i wanna show u, he texted to both Scarlett and Sam. He smiled knowing that they were all in for some fun tonight. He had waited for the perfect moment to show them the egg and what it can do, and tonight would be the perfect opportunity.

🎄 🎄 🎄

"Holy nuggets! Are we seriously trapped in Minecraft again?" Sam asked with astonishment.

When Sam and Scarlett had arrived at Collin's home after dinner, he had enthusiastically shown them the ender dragon egg and had asked them all to place their hand on it. Within seconds, they had teleported to the world of Minecraft and conveniently, into a snow biome.

"Yes and no... I mean, we are in the world of Minecraft, but this time, we have an easy way back to the real world." Collin brought out the ender dragon egg from his inventory and showed them. "We can activate this egg and it'll send us back home whenever we please."

Sam's mouth dropped opened. "No. Freaking. Way. You mean that dragon egg is a teleporter in-between the real world and the world of Minecraft? How cool is that!"

Scarlett was not as excited. She raised an eyebrow at Sam in question. "Why didn't you tell us this sooner? It's been over two years since we were trapped in Minecraft."

Collin scratched his head. "I don't know, to be honest. I guess we were all so busy with school and life that I kinda forgot about the egg at times. And I guess I wanted to find the right moment to show you guys." He gazed up at the sky, which was snowing peacefully but starting to darken.

"Hey, that looks like a house," Sam said as he pointed at something in the distance. "It's getting dark, so we better find some shelter. I say we check that building out." He began running through the snowy fields towards the faraway building whilst being careful not to run into any snowy trees.

"That's actually not a bad idea," Scarlett said with a shrug as she grabbed Collin's hand and dragged him towards where Sam was going. Even after two years of dating her, Collin could not help being mesmerised by his girlfriend's beautiful long red hair that trailed behind her whenever she moved. Except, Scarlett had decided to cut her hair short last month and although it now only reached to her shoulders rather than past it like it used to, he still found her hot.

As they continued running through the snow, they soon came across a festive-looking wooden house with snow golems guarding the area from aggressive mobs. It was now night time and Collin nervously walked to the front door and knocked with Scarlett and Sam following closely behind. They heard a rush of footsteps coming from inside and sure enough, the door was swung open to reveal someone in full enchanted gold armour.