Chapter 12 - The Army

In a blink of an eye, Collin found himself in 'The End'. Around him were countless end stone blocks and he sighted hundreds of endermen up ahead. He walked further to the centre of the end stone island and noticed about a dozen tall obsidian towers. Suddenly, an ear deafening roar could be heard across the dark skies and a chill ran down his spine; for he knew that the ender dragon was nearby.

When he felt a tap on his shoulder, he jumped. "Calm down, it's only me," Scarlett whispered from behind.

With a sigh of relief, he turned around and locked eyes with hers. "Scarlett! Am I glad to see you, but where are the others?" Collin exclaimed as he tried to ignore the strange feeling he felt whenever he looked or even thought about her.

"They'll be here soon. Greg suggests that we make an army of snow golems in order to generate snow, since Sam is the only one who has a bow and arrows."

With a nod, he replied, "Good idea. However, we can't all concentrate on fighting the dragon. Could you and Greg fend off the endermen while Sam and I deal with the boss?"

"Why, of course." Scarlett smiled excitedly as she brought out her fiery iron blade. Immediately, she started swinging wildly at the approaching endermen, only to have them teleport out of the way.

"Here, wear these on your heads!" Sam shouted as he brought out some pumpkins with holes for eyes and a mouth.

Scarlett put one on quickly. "That's a great idea Sam. Let's see these ender creatures teleport now!" Greg also put one on before joining in the fight. By the time Collin was ready with his pumpkin helmet and diamond spade, Sam had created an army of snow golems, which were now spreading snow all over the ground.

"Start shooting the Enderdragon and keep him busy while I gather some ammunition." As he said it, Collin began to run around with his spade lowered; which allowed him to collect some snowballs. An endermen began to charge towards him but Greg intercepted just in time. With great strength, the golden knight landed his shiny blade on the tall and slender creature's head. Collin muttered a quick 'thank you' before continuing his work.

Another loud roar ripped through the sky and he could see a large but dark flying figure soaring high above. He began throwing snowballs at the dragon and Sam joined in by launching sharp arrows. Most of Collin's snowballs missed its target, but when one finally hit, an image of the ender dragon's life bar appeared clearly in his head. When he looked around at his friends, he knew that they had the same image in their head when he saw their facial expressions.

"Keep fighting!" Scarlett's voice echoed across the battlefield as she dodged an enderman. Looking around at the others, Collin could see all his friends fighting intensely and courageously, which inspired him to keep going no matter what.

The ender dragon began to descend as it charged towards him and Collin knew that he had to time his next attack properly. "Don't shoot, I want to try something crazy," he said with a mischievous grin.

Sam did not lower his weapon but did not nock his next arrow either. "Collin, what are you thinking?" he asked with a curious tone.

"You're about to find out soon." As he said this, the dragon was about nine blocks away from Collin. He waited, and at the last second, he leaped in the air before the flying creature could take a bite out of him. Fortunately, for him, he successfully landed on the mighty dragon's back, just as he had planned to. Without hesitating, he took out his large diamond sword and lifted it above his head with the point of the blade facing downwards. When he was ready, he brought the blade down, which pierced deep into the hide of the dragon's body. To Collin's satisfaction, the ender dragon let out a great roar of pain and started to fall towards the ground.

Suddenly, white electrical beams shot from atop the obsidian towers and it went into the body of the falling beast. With a shocked look plastered across Collin's face, he saw the wound that he had inflicted begin to heal itself and it was not long before the ender dragon started to fly back up again. Struggling to keep his balance, he looked down and yelled at his friends, "Destroy the ender crystals!"

Sure enough, his team had obeyed his orders and were now starting to take out the nearby ender crystals first. Sam diverted his aim at the top of an obsidian tower while Scarlett and Greg were using blocks as steps to get on top of the other towers. Collin could see the endermen army chasing his friends as they tried to take out the boss' source of healing but he knew he could not waste any more time. He turned around and began to raise his sword again, only to be stopped by the shock of seeing another person on the same dragon as he was.

This other person was standing near the tip of the ender dragon's tail with an enchanted diamond sword. His smile was evil and his eyes were white. "Herobrine," Collin croaked in surprise. Just as he suspected, Herobrine did not reply. Instead, he pointed his sword towards Collin and charged with amazing speed. He only had time to blink before his nemesis smacked him in the chest, lighting his diamond armour on fire as well as pushing him off the dragon with great force.

Collin screamed in terror as he dropped like a bowling ball. He soon landed with a loud bang on the ground, which dented his armour and caused him to yell out in pain. With his vision blurry, a buzzing in his ears and his body in bad shape, he tried his best to call out for help. For what seemed like the most excruciating minutes of his life, he lay on his back with arms and legs sprawled out in unnatural angles. A pool of blood surrounded him and Collin prayed that he would not die so soon.

Instantly, the ringing in his ears ceased and his vision started to become clear. Footsteps could be heard and the next thing he saw was all three of his friends by his side. Scarlett brought a vial of pink liquid to his mouth while Sam and Greg defended them from the surrounding endermen. Without waiting another second, Collin gulped down the bright coloured liquid and instantly felt better. The bleeding stopped and he forced himself to his feet; but the pain had only subsided a little.

"Thanks," Collin whispered to Scarlett, who nodded with a neutral expression. Herobrine instantly reappeared on ground level a second later and the four of them froze in shock. The white-eyed figure slowly walked towards Collin with his enchanted diamond sword in one hand. Greg was the first to make a move as he charged towards Herobrine with his golden blade gripped tightly between his two strong hands.

Herobrine did not even flinch and swiftly swung his blade at Greg, smashing into his golden armour and sending the knight flying about ten blocks away. Sam was the next to make his move, as he took aim and fired directly at the enemy's head. Unfortunately, Herobrine was aware of this and dodged the arrow with ease. He snapped his fingers and the Enderdragon started to approach behind him obediently.

Before Sam could even nock another arrow, the dragon opened its mouth and sent a fireball directly at Sam, which knocked the archer backwards as his armour burnt with fire. By now, endermen had surrounded them, the Enderdragon was back in the air and Herobrine was now approaching Collin and Scarlett with an evil grin on his face.

Collin and the nether knight stood back to back and prepared for the end. "Good luck," Scarlett whispered to Collin." As the endermen charged, the two of them let out a battle cry that could be heard across the end stone world.