7

I charged out of the pack house, shifting into wolf form in seconds. The two huge warrior wolves were on guard behind me, and the other warriors that were ordered to stay behind were quickly approaching. Frantically, I smelt the air before catching the scent. Rogue.

Fiercely, I let out howl and checked that all 10 warrior wolves were with me before heading in the direction of the scent. "Everyone into the pack house! Rogue!" I ordered through pack mind link, ensuring my Luna command voice slipped through.

Knowing I would be obeyed I began to run at full speed towards the scent, hoping that the rogue would not cause trouble and instead leave our territory.

We had arrived at the edge of a lake within minutes. A lone, fragile female wolf was lapping at the water as if there was a draught. Slowly I approached her, ordering the warriors to stay behind.

As soon as I stepped close to her she had curled into a ball and was whimpering uncontrollably. Sympathetically, I looked down at her. Her fur was beautiful; a ruby red colour, however her ribs were poking out of her body. She looked starved.

Gently, I licked her snout, hoping she would realise I didn't want to cause any harm. She froze instantly, before gradually relaxing her muscles and peeking up at me. Tears were pooled in her hazel eyes. A pang of sadness filled my heart as I took in her condition, I understood what she felt like. This had been me only days ago.

That thought had me nudging her again, moving my head in the direction we had come from. I wanted her to follow me. Slowly, she stood up on wobbly legs. Watching her intently, I mind linked Grayson, one of the warriors to shift to human form and help her. Quickly, he had gone behind a tree and reappeared sporting a pair of shorts.  My eyes flickered to the rogue and back to him. He got the jist and went to find a shirt from a hidden bag that are filled with clothes for when we shift.

Soon enough he had found a shirt. Approaching the rogue, he held out plain white shirt for her to accept. Noticing her eyes scan the large group of wolves behind Grayson, I mind linked the warriors. "Turn around, you perverts." I snickered as they all huffed and turned around.

As soon as the last wolf had turned around she had shifted instantly. After hearing her shift, we had turned back to face the rogue. Standing in her place was a dark skinned girl with striking red hair.

Grayson seemed momenarily shocked, as he took in the woman in front of him. A blush covered her face as she tugged nervously on the shirt. Without warning, Grayson had his arms wrapped around her waist and was peppering kisses all over her face, causing a giggle to pass her lips.

"Did I miss something?" I asked, mind linking the other warrior wolves crowded around the trees.

I heard throaty laughs come from them all, before one finally answered, "They're mates!"

This made me gasp loudly. Quickly, I went to a nearby tree to shift and pull on an oversized T-shirt. Then I approached the rogue and Grayson before pulling them both into a hug. "Congratulations!" I cheered.

Suddenly, I heard a low growl come from behind me before I was snatched away from the hug and into someone's arms. That someone being Zander.

I breathed in deeply, taking in as much of his scent as possible. It had only been a few hours, but I'd missed him so much. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, his hands holding onto my thighs to support me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss.

"I missed you so much, are you okay?" I whispered onto his lips, once we had pulled away

"I'm fine, but I missed you." He whispered back, moving his hands to allow my legs touch the ground.

"We have some newly found mates." I squealed, ushering Zander towards Grayson and the rogue. "They met so similarly to us." I finished, smiling towards Zander.

"You will have to fill me in." Zander replied flashing me a smirk, before nodding towards Grayson in approval.

"I haven't even introduced myself! I'm Iris White, Luna of the Blood Claw Pack." I introduced, grinning towards the rogue.

"My name is Sophia." She smiled, "Sophia White."

"We have the same last name?" I asked, shocked at the revelation.

"Yes, we do." Sophia replied feverishly. "Iris, I actually came here purposely. The Widows let me know that you would be here." She finished, biting her lip nervously.

"The Widows?" I questioned, completely unaware of what this girl was talking about.

"Did you say The Widows?" I heard Zander exclaim from beind me.

"Yes." Sophia answered."I can't talk about them in such an open space, Iris. Is there any chance we could talk inside?" She asked quietly.

"Of course. We can talk in the pack house. I need answers because I don't understand what is happening right now." I uttered, ushering her to follow me towards the pack house.

We passed through the front doors and was met by some of the pack members who were still in the lounge from the safety evacuation. I smiled, overjoyed that they were all safe and had obeyed their Luna. I led Sophia to Zander's office, before we sat down onto one of the sofas to talk.

"Firstly, who are The Widows?" I asked impatiently, turning to face her directly.

"The Widows are the most powerful supernaturals in the whole of the supernatural world. There is three of them: Petal, Sunshine and Moonstone. They are capable of anything. They could take down a werewolf with a simple swipe of their hand." She stated, causing more confusion to fog my mind.

"So... How exactly does this relate to me?" I asked her, still baffled as to how they knew who and where I was and why they instructed Sophia to come here.

"Iris. My mother is the most powerful of the three widows... Her name is Moonstone." Sophia spoke slowly, ensuring I understood what she was saying.

"I still don't understand how this has anything to do with me!" I exclaimed. "Please, Sophia. Just tell me.".

"Iris, we're sisters." She replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••••••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!! I really appreciate it.

What do you think about Sophia?