17

When we arrived back to the pack house, Zander was slightly angry. Unfortunately, that fury was directed at me. As soon as we had stepped through the door Axel and himself had hounded us, not allowing us a chance to explain or tell them of the amazing news.

"Where have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you! We thought something had happened, what if rogues had attacked or-" He was cut off as soon as Logan had entered the room.

"Woah, who's that hottie?" He exclaimed, eyeing Lawson's mate. This should be entertaining, I thought to myself as Lawson's eyes narrowed at his twin.

"Don't even think about it, Logan. Amber is my mate." He growled out, surprising everyone by his brutish behaviour.

"No fucking way! How did you find your mate first?" Logan cried out confusedly.

"Just because we're twins doesn't mean we find our mates at the same time." Lawson replied, rolling his eyes.

"But in the books the twins have twin mates and they end up having a saucy fourso-" Logan started, before I managed to cut him off.

"Please don't finish that sentence." I cringed, as my mind immediately clouded with images I would rather were not there.

Logan seemed to snap out of his day dreaming as he smirked at me earning an eye roll in return. He was such a little shit.

"So, Amber is it?" Logan grinned, watching as the shy brunette blushed before nodding at her mate's double.

"I'm Logan, but you can call me Daddy." Logan suggested with a smirk, teasing his possessive twin brother.

"Logan." Lawson gritted out, "Shut up."

"You should know that I never just 'shut up' Lawson, you are my twin." Logan stated, causing Lawson to roll his eyes as a small curve appeared on his lips.

"Now that you've harassed my mate," Lawson grumbled, "We're going to get to know each other better."

"They're gonna get it on." Logan sang, coughing as Lawson whacked him in the stomach on the way to his room.

Laughing at his misfortune, I turned to look at Mr and Mrs Alpha - Zander and Axel. If he could hear my thoughts right now, I'd be so dead.

"Are you forgetting that I can hear all of your thoughts?" Zander asked, quirking an eyebrow. Oops?

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I stated, raising my eyebrows.

"So nothing about Axel and I being married?" He retaliated, making Axel's face turn into a look of horror. If they weren't so angry right now, I would have laughed.

"Look, we're sorry. We only nipped out to get paint. Plus, we found Lawson's mate!" Ariella cheered, grinning enthusiastically hoping that it would soften them up a little. Protective Alphas and Betas, aren't we lucky?

"When my pregnant mate runs off without anybody knowing it's quite fucking worrying. It's dangerous Ari! All you have to do is ask me and I would do anything for you." Axel sighed, gripping Ariella's waist and pulling her into a tight embrace as his hand gently caressed her swollen stomach.

Hoping he would be just as forgiving, I looked to Zander. "What?" He smirked, raising a brow amused.

"Nothing." I huffed turning to walk away, only to feel two strong arms pull me back into a brick chest.

" I huffed turning to walk away, only to feel two strong arms pull me back into a brick chest

"I'm kidding, baby. I'm sorry for being angry. I was just worried about my favourite girl." He whispered, placing a kiss to the spot just below my ear. A shiver ran down my spine like an electric finger as I turned, pressing my lips to his. All I could think about was him. My mind went crazy as if I was intoxicated by him. It was the perfect moment...

Well, that was until I heard a voice clear behind us.

Pulling away unwillingly, I turned to see my Mother stood there, a teasing smile on her face as she said the words I was hoping I wouldn't hear for at least a few more days.

"Iris, I think it's time that we talked."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••••••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can't thank you enough for the support!