8

I stared at Sophia like she had three heads. "No, we can't be sisters," I said, shaking my head. "I'm an only child. I have no siblings. My mother died whilst giving birth to me! Which I'm sure means that The Widows that you keep talking about can't be of any relation to me. Or did they just give me to an abusive father because they didn't want me either?" I exclaimed.

"Iris, please calm down. Moonstone is your mother, believe me. " Sophia pleaded. "She didn't give you away because she didn't want you. She had to ensure that you grew into a strong woman and the way you led your pack earlier demonstrates that it worked. It wasn't safe for you to be raised around her." She added, taking hold of my hand. "As Moonstone is the strongest of the three widows, and you are her first born child it means that you are a strong supernatural." She finished.

This was all too much information to comprehend. Me - strong and powerful? Is she serious? Since I was born I was rejected and dismissed by everyone. That had been true up until I met Zander... But he had no choice. He had to love me since I was his mate. My mind drifted to consider if that is why he chose to stay with me - to not reject me?

My face dropped as the thoughts clouded my mind. I stormed out of the room as uncontrollable tears fell down my cheeks. I'd never thought this through before.

He had no choice.

That one thought broke me in so many ways. At that moment I knew I had completely fallen for him, something I thought I would never do. I felt selfish, I never truly asked him if he wanted to accept me. He had just found me in the woods and was forced into helping me out.

What if he didn't actually want me to stay?

Clambering up the stairs, I blocked out all of the voices calling my name. I needed space to think clearly. I turned the knob of our bedroom door, only coming to a halt when an arm wrapped around my waist.

"Baby, stop." I heard Zander's soothing voice whisper in my ear, calming me down. Unfortunately, the tears couldn't stop falling.

I managed to sniffle out between tears, "Do you even want me as your mate?",

As soon as those words escaped my lips I was spun around unnaturally fast to face Zander. His eyebrows were deeply furrowed and the pain could clearly be seen in his eyes.

"Of course I do! I want every single piece of you. You're perfect, baby. The way your dimples show when you smile, your gorgeous blue eyes, your lips, your laugh, your... everything. I love you so much Iris, don't ever think differently." He soothed, rubbing circles on my waist gently.

I choked on my tears and kissed him with all the emotion I could muster. He really did love me.

"I love you too!" I breathed out between kisses. My adoration for him was unreal. He had been the only person who hadn't given up on me. My earlier thoughts had disappeared from my mind. All I could think about was how perfect the moment was, so much so that I hadn't realised we had moved to lay on our bed together.

"Iris..." Zander whispered.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"You are beautiful." He whispered back, twirling my blonde hair around his index finger.

His began to kiss down my neck. His tongue darted across my mark, causing my body to shiver in pleasure. As he moved away, I saw the mark as it healed for the first time. It was beautiful. Circles surrounded his initials and a crescent moon and stars were on either side of the "ZR".

Feeling his eyes burning into my face, I looked up at him with a huge grin on my face, only  to see his expression mirroring mine.

"You have me forever now." I whispered onto his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him close.

" I whispered onto his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him close

"Lucky me." He whispered back, nuzzling my neck.

"No, lucky me." Were the only word that escaped my lips before I fell into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading!