24

Sunshine, I hated you. It was nine o'clock in the morning on a Saturday: and you decided to wake me up. Thanks a lot.

I groaned, rolling over and snuggling closer towards Zander... only to find nothing in his place. Where was my man?

Tiredly, I slid out of bed, pulling on a pair of cotton shorts and a black cami. It was way too early to be awake. Stomping down the stairs, I was surprised to find Zander laughing with an unknown girl in the living room.

Her skin was almost pure white. Her warm, blue eyes were swirled with humour. Her lips were full and red, a contrast from her long black hair.

"Uh... Hi." I said, catching their attention.

Immediatly, Zander waved me towards them, waiting until I was sat next to him to speak. "Iris this is Rennie, Rennie this is Iris." He introduced, sliding his arm around me.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled, watching as a half smile spread across her face. I couldn't help but notice as her eyes turned angry, nonetheless I chose to ignore it. Who was this girl?

"Rennie and I grew up together," Zander informed. "She's a vampire."

Oh. "That's amazing, I've never met a vampire before." I confessed, noticing her angry gaze she was sending my way hadn't moved.

"Oh, how terrible!" She muttered sarcastically. "You must not know anything of our traditions! How we have been allied to werewolves for years and formed a strong bond with eachother. Most importantly, how we suck dry the people who get in our way." She finished with a smirk, her eyes flicking to eye Zander from head to toe.

Wait... Did she really just say that?

"Yeah, I operate quite similarly." I replied. "So, touch me or my mate and I'll break your neck." I stated, looking her directly in the eyes.

"Iris, can you chill! What's up with you this morning?" Zander argued.

"Are you being serious? " I ground out, standing up from the couch.

"I just think you should calm down. You just threatened to kill her." He stated.

"You're telling me to calm down when she just threatened me for no bloody reason?" I shook my head distastefully. "I can't believe you."

Ignoring him calling out my name, I stormed outside, heading towards the woods.

Surprise, surprise! He didn't follow me. Too busy sucking up to Rennie. I laughed bitterly at my terrible Dad joke.

My anger didn't falter for a second and when I stepped into the woods I shifted in seconds. Stupid fucking vampire, I thought to myself as I thundered through the sea of green. The sound of my paws hammering down onto the ground echoed around the forest, filling the eery silence. Abandoned leaves bounced against the soil as I ran, flying around aimlessly. I ran, and ran, and ran.

The red clouding my vision faded slightly as I came to stop near a small, clear lake. Only then did I notice the heavy rain pouring down like a waterfall. Thunder and lightning crackled through the sky, pushing me out of my angry vision and into reality.

Looking around, I realised that I had no idea where I was. The pack grounds stretched for miles and I was completely lost. Brilliant.

I try connecting to the pack through mind link but I couldn't reach them. Grunting, I walked under a tree, curling into a ball. I must have been running for a long time as the sky had darkened considerably.

Resting my head on my paws, I closed my eyes and hoped for a peaceful sleep.

~~~

My eyes fluttered open lazily and shut again after. Only to fly back open. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit.