20

Leaves swirled around my bare feet as fog started crawling towards me. Trees stood as tall as soldiers around me, their branches like hands scratching anything that came near.

Looking around, I realised I wasn't alone. Snarls littered the silence as rogue wolves advanced towards me. Panicking, I tried moving my feet, only to realise they were somehow glued to the forest floor.

They stopped.

Confused, I watched as the wolves submitted to me, bowing their heads and showing their neck as a sign of submission. What was going on?

"What is happening?" I whispered, staring at the vulnerable rogues in front of me.

"Iris, this is your destiny," A rough, deep voice echoed throughout the forest.

"What do you mean? Who are you?" My voice betrayed me as it came out shaky.

"You were born to stop these wars. Your fate is to bring back equality to the Lycans. You are the solution to a better life for all of us." The deep voice trailed off at the end, sounded further and further away with each word.

"Wait! I don't understand! Who are you?" My shouting went unnoticed. My surroundings blurred as I started to shake...

"Iris! Wake up, we're home!" A familiar voice hollered, shaking me awake.

Breathing heavily I nodded, slapping away his arms that were still shaking me. That was a dream? It felt so... real.

Shaking my head, I got out of the backseat of the car to see Logan and Anna already walking towards the door, their hands interwined.

Logan seemed to be reassuring her that everything would be fine and that the family would love her. She was smiling but you could see she was nervous by her fiddling hands.

"Guys, we're home! And I have a surprise!" Logan screamed as we walked through the door.

"What kind of surprise?" Zander and Lawson shouted back in unison. It seemed that his meeting had finished, which was good. I missed him.

"Uh..." Logan looked at Anna, "It's a surprise surprise!"

There was a pause before we heard two pairs of footsteps thunder down the stairs.

"You found your mate, didn't you!" Zander yelled. "I knew I felt you become overly happy through the pack link!" He finished.

The two boys fell into the room and immediatly noticed Anna. At the sudden attention, she blushed and turned her attention to the ground.

"Oh, hello." Lawson said friendly, giving her a big smile.

"Hi." She squeaked, watching her mates twin with big eyes. She was like a little doe.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Zander," He smiled, looping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"It's a pleasure, Alpha. I'm Anna." She smiled, sounding more confident

"So..." Logan grinned, "How gorgeous is my little muffin?"

"Muffin?" Anna queried, raising an eyebrow at her mate.

"That's you," He cheesed, watching closely as she rolled her eyes playfully.

Maybe she does have a backbone after all... I think we're going to get along just fine. I smirked, coming up with hilarious pranks we could pull together.

"Stop looking at me like that," Logan muttered, snapping me out of my trance.

"Like what?" I said casually, trying to play it off.