12

You could hear a pin drop. Every pair of eyes in the room was focused on my mother, who was making her way towards the front with the grace of a ballerina.

Smiling, she stood next to Zander and I on the stage, her eyes roaming over the sea of shocked faces.

"This is probably a huge shock to you all, of course even to Iris. Despite this, she was able to accept me with open arms." Her eyes drifted to me, full of warmth and happiness. "This is one of the reasons I know she will be a great Luna. She has proven to be a strong, accepting young woman. I'm so proud of her."

My heart warmed at her words, she was proud of me. My true mother was proud of me. I felt a squeeze to my hand and looked towards my mate, his gorgeous eyes were boring into mine, expressing his love and admiration. A huge smile broke onto my face as I placed a peck to his chest. I couldn't reach his lips even stood on my tiptoes, unless he leant down.

Walking towards my mother I pulled her into a hug, whispering a quick thank you to show my gratitude.

"That is all we needed to inform you of, so unless any of you have questions then the meeting is over." I smiled at my pack, watching as they all started to disperse out of the meeting room.

By the time the last pack member had left my mother had told us she had some business to attend to and had left.

Zander, Ariella and I were the only ones left. Deciding I wanted some alone time with my best friend I asked Zander if he would hang out with Axel since I would be stealing Ariella for some much needed bonding time. He didn't want to leave my side. But eventually he left us alone, after I threatened to never kiss him again.

"So best friend, what do you have in mind?" Ariella asked absentmindely as we walked towards the over-sized kitchen.

"Ok. So, movie marathon with unneccersary amounts of food, hot chocolate and blankets sounds fabulous right about now. What do you think?" I asked, watching her carefully as she sat on the stool. My Luna senses were going crazy ensuring she was extra safe whilst pregnant.

"Mm, I've been craving hot chocolate all the time! That sounds so relaxing my sore ankles are even excited!" She squealed, a huge grin covering her face.

"Okay, sit there while I get the food ready. I don't want you working, this is a time for you to relax." I said, ensuring she listened. After her breakdown in the nursery, I knew that she needed some time to take care of herself.

"No, I don't think so. I'm pregnant not paralyzed! I need to help out somehow, I feel bad just sitting here." She pouted, giving me her best puppy-dog eyes.

"Ugh..." I paused thinking of a simple job she could do. "Oh, I know. Go get dressed in some pajamas... and bring me some to while you're at it please!" I yelled the last sentence as she was already out of the kitchen door heading towards the elevator at the end of the long hall.

Humming, I grabbed a packets of popcorn and popped them in the microwave. Whilst they were popping, I emptied all the junk food out of the cuboards and placed each food into a different bowl. The popcorn was finished so I emptied that into a different bowl, before grabbing a huge jug and filling it with delicious belgian hot chocolate, being mindful to grab the whipped cream, sprinkles and marshmallows for when we poured the deliciousness into separate mugs. Suddenly, I remembered I hadn't grabbed the chocolate fudge brownie ice-cream from the freezer. An essential.

Just then, Ariella sauntered in wearing pink pyjama shorts and a t-shirt

Just then, Ariella sauntered in wearing pink pyjama shorts and a t-shirt. Only she could pull of being pregnant and wearing short pyjamas.

"You are gonna be one sexy mama!" I laughed, grabbing the pyjamas she handed to me.

"Oh shush you." She joked, her eyes travelling to the huge amount of food and instantly lighting up.

"I'll be right back, you can start taking the food into the living room if you want." I suggested, walking towards the bathroom.

Once inside I examined the pajamas she'd brought me and laughed. Spongebob squarepant shorts and a black, cropped cami. I shuffled into them quickly throwing my other clothes in the laundry basket and walked out, heading towards the kitchen.

When I walked in I found only two of the bowls left so I picked them up and scurried into the living room, finding Ariella lining the bowls up on the coffee table in front of the sofa-bed that had been pulled out and covered with pillows and blankets.

"Hey." I murmered setting my bowls next to the others making sure she knew I was in the room.

"Hey! So what movie are we watching first?" She asked, curling up on the sofa bed wrapped in a blanket.

"Lets start with romance then maybe a horror movie later." I proposed, chewing on some popcorn.

"Ok, what about 365 dni? I haven't seen it yet but have you seen the trailer?" She sighed dreamily, probably fantasizing about having a relationship with the main character.

"Coming right up." I laughed, scooting next to her on the huge bed, grabbing the remote for the TV and searching Netflix until I found it.

Four hours, three bowls of food and two hot chocolates later, we decided it was now or never. We were going to risk a peaceful night of sleep and watch a horror movie.

We moved to the back of the bed, hiding under mountains of cushions and blankets watching as the stupid characters in the movie decided to investigate the "strange" sound in the basement.

It was 10pm now and pitch back outside, we had turned the lights out earlier leaving only a few candles lit to give us light. You could say we were regretting that now. A lot.

As the piercing scream from the film echoed around the room, Ariella and I let one out too, hugging each other as tight as possible. Not daring to spare a glance at the horror on the screen.

Suddenly, the television turned off along with the lights in the hall. Ariella and I screamed, jumping under the blankets whilst still clinging to one another. I knew this was a bad idea. Why did we have to watch the movie? Now the killer was after us!

I felt something glide down my back, and by Ariella's  scream, so did she. We clung to each other even tighter as a whimper passed through my lips.

Loud booming laughter stopped us from our fright as we peeped over the edge of the blankets to see our mates rolling on the floor crying with laughter.

It took a few moments to realise what had happened. They had pranked us! Making us believe the murderer had come for us when in reality it was them playing a joke. A scowl found it's way onto my face and Ariella and I both huffed and crossed our arms in sync, glaring daggers at Zander and Axel.

Their laughter died down as they caught sight of our expressions and they quickly stood up, hopping next to us on the bed.

"Babe I'm sorry, we didn't mean to frighten you so much." Zander said, trying to lean in to kiss me.

I pushed him away and jumped off the bed, Ariella following suit, leaving them with dumbfounded expressions written on their faces.

"You think that you can scare us to death then give us a kiss and it will be okay?" I scoffed.

"You must be crazy! We don't want to see you until at least tomorrow and when you have made it up to us." Ariella huffed, stomping towards the elevator as I trailed close behind.

Half way there I stopped, "Oh, and we're sleeping in the guest room tonight."

We waited until we got to the room for the night before collapsing onto the bed with laughter.

Their faces were priceless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks so much for reading! Don't forget to vote & comment!