14

I was running down the stairs when I smelt it. The scent of my Father. The person who had caused me to run from my old pack, the one who had caused all of the pain in my life. Until I had found Zander. Could I even call him my Father? Is he even considered family now that I've learned about The Widows?

All these questions were swirling through my mind cuasing me to space out. I didn't notice Zander standing in front of me with a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong? Iris?" He asked, his hands held onto my face as he tried getting me to focus on him

"I just... Can't you smell him?" I stammered, memories of my previous pack life before flashing through my mind.

"Smell who? What's wrong?" He crooned, trying to make sense of what I was thinking.

"My father." I whispered, staring into his eyes.

Instantly, his face turned cold as he thought about him. He knew what had happened, he'd even tried to kill him that one time. But the rogue, who had turned out to be my sister, had stopped that from happening. I didn't want him to go into battle with my Father anyway, even though I knew he would succeed. He had to stay safe. I would never forgive myself if he got hurt fighting for me.

Zander let out a growl and stalked away from me and threw the front door open before stalking outside. Oh no.

"Zander, wait!" I cried, chasing after him. The scent was only stronger outside.

"He will not get away with harming my mate." He barked, trying to head towards the woods, where the scent was coming from.

I grabbed onto his arm and pulled him into a hug. "Please. At least allow some warriors to go with you?"

His muscles relaxed and he squeezed my body to his. "Don't worry sweetheart, I'm already on it."

Just as those words escaped his lips, around 15 of our pack's best warriors arrived. "Alpha, you said it was an emergency?" One of the men said with a gruff voice.

"It is. Her father is on our land." He spat out, going ridgid again just thinking about him. "I want you all on backup. I will lead us to him, I want six men behind me, four on my left and right. I don't know for sure if he's brought any men but border control informed me they have him on lock down. He needs to know that I mean business. If this ends with a battle, so be it." He ordered.

Staring up at Zander, mixed emotions swirled inside me. Admiration, worry... But mainly, love. This strong, sexy, powerful Alpha was all mine. Who would've thought?

"Don't even consider following us either. You will not be put in any kind of danger." He demaded.

"I am coming! I am Luna and I will not sit down whilst my pack is in danger." I stated, leaving no room for dissagreement.

Hesitating, he sighed before shaking his head. "Stay at my side all the way." He instructed sternly, knowing that I wouldn't stay behind.

Soon after, we were all running towards the supposed enemy still in human form. There was no need to shift until we could sense any danger.

In minutes we had arrived at the grassy clearing, noticing a group surrounded by our border control.

"Why are you trespassing on my land?" Zander ground out, trying to keep calm despite his desire to taste the metallic liquid of my Father's blood.

"Her." My father stated, his lilac eyes glancing at me. I shuddered, the thought of simply being under his gaze making me nervous.

"Like hell will you be leaving here with my mate." Zander growled, standing in front of me protectively.

"Your mate?" My Father laughed, disbelievingly. "No way is that pathetic nobody a mate to such a powerful man like you, Alpha Zander."

Before I knew it, Zander had flew towards my father and ripped out his throat, killing him instantly.

Well, that's what would have happened if I didn't order three of the warriors to hold him back.

Strolling towards my so called Father, I made a face of disgust as I looked at him from head to toe.

"You of all people have no right to call me pathetic. Are you forgetting that you are the one who put their own flesh and blood through humiliation and abuse in front of his own pack for her whole life? The one who neglected and offended her with every chance you had?" I shouted, curling my lip into a snarl. "You should be disgusted in yourself, because the only thing you have taught me in life is the way you should never treat your children. Hate is a strong word, Dad. But guess what? I hate you!"

And with that, I turned and left. I knew Zander could deal with that low life, and at that moment in time I had no care of how he did it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~•••••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I appreciate your votes and comments so much. Thank you for reading!