22

This was boring.

Currently, I was sat in a pack meeting with Zander and a few other pack members. All of the discussions were boring me. We need to arrange a time to go grocery shopping. Is border control being successful? The list went on.

Yesterday, I had finally met my Dad. That was simply overwhelming to say the least. I was glad that I didn't faint like when I had first met my Mother. Zander and my Dad had got on really well, which was good. There was no doubt that my Mum already loved him.

Tapping my manicured nails on the desk, I watched Zander intently as he instructed and placed demands on his pack. He looked so hot.

His body was encased in a navy blue suit with a crisp white shirt underneath. As he spoke with his husky voice, his facial muscles tensed and shown off his perfectly chiseled jawline. Subconsciously, his hand kept running through his brown curls, tousling them slightly.

I was so fucking lucky.

My trance was broken as a high pitched scream was heard outside. Everyone froze. The room was tense for seconds before everyone had burst through the door and rushed outside.

Blood.

The horrid stench of blood caught my attention instantly, as a huge crowd gathered around something in the line of forest surrounding the pack house.

Pushing through the crowd, I froze at the sight in front of me. Two dead bodies. My eyes glassed over as I recognised the bloody faces of the pack members.

Sobbing started near me and I looked down to find tears running down Jake's face, he was a little boy who I had given cookies to weeks back. My heart crumbled at the sight.

"Mummy? Daddy?" He cried, crawling towards his dead parents. He stared at the bodies with a broken expression. "Wake up, wake up! Please wake up!"

Tears fell down my face watching the small boy cry for his dead parents. My heart faltered and sobs left my mouth. "Jake," I whispered, pulling him into my arms. "Jake. I'm so sorry sweetheart."

Crying, he clung to my shirt. "My Mummy and Daddy are sleeping aren't they, Luna? They'll wake up, won't they?" He cried.

"Mummy and Daddy are going to a better place now, baby. They have gone to sleep and will be taken to heaven. They'll watch over you from up there. They are sitting on fluffy clouds watching you right now, and they won't want you to cry. They love you," I tried to reassure him, rubbing his back gently. The crowd around us had started to dissapear, leaving only Zander, Axel, Logan and Lawson.

"Heaven? What's heaven?" He whimpered, tears leaving tracks down his chubby cheeks.

"It's where people go when they're too tired to wake up. Only good people like your Mummy and Daddy go there, it's a land full of fluffy clouds and everything you love." I spoke, wiping away his tears.

"But what about me? They love me so why can't I go to heaven too?" He sobbed, his blue eyes filled with sadness.

"Sweetheart... The Gods chose your Mummy and Daddy specially. They need you to grow up and get bigger before they take you too heaven, but one day you'll see your Mummy and Daddy again, I promise." I cooed, turning away his body as the boys started to clear the scene.

"Will they be put in big cabinets in the ground?" He whispered through tears.

It took me a while to register that he was talking about a coffin. Pulling him closer I stroked his hair and nodded. "Yes, they will." I replied.

"Daddy said he wants to share a cabinet with Mummy because he loves her lots," He whimpered, hiding his head in my neck.

My heart cracked at his words, they wanted to be buried together. "We can do that, honey." I reassured, standing up with him still attached to me. "Zander, I'm taking him inside." I said, making sure he knew where I was.

"Okay love, stay safe." He replied, watching me leave.

Walking into the house, the grief of pack members hit me. In the living room the pack was sat silently, staring into space. "Please try not to worry. This will be be resolved and Zander and I will make who did this suffer, believe me." I said, my Luna tone slipping out at the end.

Jake whimpered at my harsh tone and I softly rubbed his back to calm him down. "I'm going to look after Jake for now, I suggest all of you have some rest. This is extremely shocking. I want you all to be as healthy as possible, no more of my pack will be hurt." I concluded, hoping to give them some comfort with my presence. "I will see everyone later, take care and stay safe."

I stumbled up the stairs with Jake resting in my arms. Such a young boy and he had to go through such torture. I swallowed the lump in my throat, knowing I had to be strong for him. For the pack.

We reached Zander and I's bedroom and I walked in, trying not to wake the peaceful infant in my arms from his sleep. Gently, I placed his small body onto our bed, covering him with a blanket. I sat next to him and stroked his brown hair out of his eyes, sighing.

Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open. "Luna, you will look after me, right?" He whispered, gripping my hand almost pleadingly.

"Of course I will, sweetheart," I assured, kissing his forehead. "Now go to sleep, you've had a big shock and you need to rest."

"Luna?" He questioned.

"Yes, Jake?" I replied.

"You're lovely." He whispered, before his eyes closed and soft snores echoed from his lips.

A small smile made its way onto my face at his words. I tucked him in and laid next to him, knowing I couldn't leave his side. If he woke up he could panic and I would rather stay with him and wait for Zander to get back.

 If he woke up he could panic and I would rather stay with him and wait for Zander to get back

The reality of what happened still hadn't sunk in. Two of my pack members had been murdered. But by who? Why would anyone want to kill the happy souls of Janice and Eric? They were great people, and loved their son dearly. It was heartbreaking.

My mind reeled for possible suspects but I came up short. To my knowledge, we had alliances with all of the packs bordering us so it couldn't possibly be them.

Perhaps someone in our pack? I doubted it, in all of the pack's history nobody had murdered another pack member - it was forbidden.

So who was it?

It couldn't be rogues... How would they have gotten past border control? Also, they wouldn't be as stupid to murder pack members on our land. They'd have to be suicidal.

Unless they were sending a message. Proving to us that they are skilled killers. Which could only mean two things. They either wanted something from us, or...

They wanted war.

---------------------••••••••••••••••••••--------------------

I appreciate all of the votes, comments and reads!!