It's secret telling time

"Ugh, thank god." I muttered as the idiot left the room, leaving me and Ivy sitting on chairs and facing each other.

Oh, don't forget the fact that we were tied and bruised up.
"Bloody cunt, I'm gonna make his cunt bloody, more bloody than when he has his periods. I-"

"Ivy!" I cut off her rant and looked at her. Really looked at her. Her face was bruised up badly and her shoulders were slumped since she was tired. There was a ring of red around each one of her wrists at where she had tried to wiggle her way out. Her eyes were drooping slightly but other wise seemed okay. She was more hurt than I was, that's for sure.

"Hey Sydney, I just remembered something." Ivy spoke out. I looked at her confused as a small smile made its way onto her lips.

"Remembered what?" I asked her.

"That it's secret telling time." A small laugh made its way out of me as I shook my head at her.

"Alright, go on."

"Um, the cancer joke. I know it struck a nerve but what was it?" She asked warily as if afraid of me. I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to tell her about something no one else knew about except Noah.

"Lily had gotten skin cancer when she was five." I heard her sharp intake of air at that piece of information. "We were almost late to cure it but thankfully, she was saved. She was admitted for almost a month and when you told me that I had cancer, I couldn't bear to make Mom and Dad go through that again. And Lily, I can't even think about what she will do. She seems innocent and cute but she is one brainy seven year old. She will know something was up." I ended. I lifted my head, thinking she would be looking at me with pity but she was actually looking at me with something else in her sea-green eyes: Pride.

"You know, you're stronger than you give yourself credit. You act like the most humble one around everyone but no, you're very..."

"Amazing?" I asked, a slight smirk visible on my face.

"You wish, Mr.Sydney. Know that no one can be as amazing as me. You keep trying though. Maybe one day, you will reach the league below that." She winked at me, all in good nature. "Your turn."

"Umm, okay. Tell me about the tattoo." I asked her, looking down at my shoes.

"Which one?" She asked back.

"The one on your waist. The dream catcher with the quote."

"Do you want the short version or the long one?" She questioned again. I looked around and answered her.

"I don't see any reason to hold you back. It seems as if we have all the time."

"Alright. So it all began with my parents making love to each other..." she said in a slow voice.

"Okay can you please kindly skip that part?"

"Well, that is actually where the story does begin. So don't interrupt me." She said and I mumbled a sorry.

"So, my mom got pregnant with me, after my parents got engaged but two months before the wedding. On their special day," she emphasized on 'special day' as if disgusted by those two words. "They announced that little Ivy was inside her tummy to the relatives and friends who had been invited.  My mom's family had this thing that you shouldn't give birth before the weddings and honeymoons and stuff. But instead of getting angry with my parents who made me, they began to hate me. The whole family. Except Gramma and Uncle Franc." She said with a far away look on her face. But suddenly it turned sour. "When I reached nine, I was rewarded with a going-away party."

"Wait, what?" I asked her, completely convinced that I heard her wrong.

"You heard correct. I said going-away party. Now, no more in betweens." She answered and continued. "They had all the dumb games like pin the tail on Me and I had to wear this completely stupid and ugly crown the whole day while the rest of the family was having the time of their lives. Then, I moved to Gramma's house." A ghost of a smile appeared on her face but it left as fast as it appeared. "Jordan and Miley visited me every once in a while and tried convincing me to come back home. Later, they had a fall out with mom and dad on my behalf." She took a deep breath as if she wanted to mentally brace herself for what she was going to tell me.

"Hey, its okay. You don't have to tell me all this if this is troubling you." I softly said, afraid she would break. She looked at me in the eyes and spoke, her voice a whisper.

"If I don't open up to someone, then when will I let it go?"

I don't want to be just someone, I thought but nodded at her.

"I found out about my uncle and about what he was and when I reached thirteen, he allowed me to train with him. He told me all about it, but never involved me in any. I turned sixteen finally and fell for Uriah. He was everything you could want in a guy: sweet, honest, doesn't flirt with any of the other girls and was protective of me. He became close to me and I opened up to him, not knowing the consequences. I didn't think, just wanted a shoulder to cry on and a hand to help me up. After pouring my heart out to him, he said he loved me and me, being the stupid and impulsive, said it back."

I felt a small blow at the pit of my stomach and I was filled with something sour.

"He told every god damned thing I told him to his uncle who was the leader of another gang and had a personal vengeance with my uncle. So his uncle came over when uncle Franc wasn't there and took out a gun to shoot Gramma. She got a gun out of nowhere and shit him in the shoulder, giving us a few seconds. She turned over to me and told me to hide under the bed and when she turned back, he was already up and was pointing his gun at her. He said," she choked back her words but a released a shaky breath and continued with the story. "He said 'Tell Francisco this is what would happen if he crosses me. Oh wait, I forgot, you wouldn't be alive to tell him that.' He shot her and and left the room. I came out from under the bed and saw the color red spreading across the front of her shirt, staining it. I knew I was supposed to do something to stop the blood but I already knew that she would be gone so I just closed her eyelids over her staring eyes and picked up the gun. I followed the way in which he went and was ready to shoot him but he had already gone. I sat in front of Gramma with the gun in my hand and Uncle Franc came home and you know, all the typical stuff happened.  After that, I officially joined the gang, for obvious reasons. The answer to your question is that the tattoo was because we made one together and I got hold of it recently. I wanted to have something to show that I belonged to her and wanted it etched on my skin. The quote is from her favorite TV show and it reminded me of her." She finished off, her eyes a little glassy. She gave me a small broken smile that I returned with a full blown one. "What's so funny?"

"You know, you're stronger than you give yourself credit. You act like the most humble one around everyone but no, you're very..." I quoted her from before, a smirk making its way onto my face.

"Amazing?" she asked, deciding to play along.

"You wish, Ms.Ivy. Know that no one can be as amazing as me. You keep trying though. Maybe one day, you will reach the league below that." I said and winked at her, making an airy laugh rise from her.

Just then, there was a thud outside the door and a second later, it opened. Standing in its way was Noah.

"Hey, guys. Come on. Lets go.' He said and began to turn but I coughed and he turned back, his forehead crunched in confusion. "Well, what are we waiting for?" he asked, looking from me to Ivy. I groaned and pointed at the ropes with my head. "Oh, right. Sorry." He came over and took a switch blade out of his pocket. Once we were freed and standing, Ivy suddenly stumbled and I made a move to her but Noah was faster and carried her up into his arm, bridal style. I heard her mumble about her body aching.

We reached out and all the guys with Boss were inside two cars. Noah got into his, laying Ivy back with me while Boss was in front and we went off to what I hoped was a place where I could take a bath.