Chapter 11: A Sleepless Night

Author's sidenote: Thank you so much for always having great feedback. Just an update: I will be posting the first chapter to Redemption this weekend. Hopefully I can also make another update for this story as well. :)

-----

It was about 7:20pm on a Friday night when Aubrey heard on a knock on his door. It interrupted the music he's been listening to – a collection of his fine work over the years. He was preoccupied with dishes as he just finished his homemade dinner.

Before Robyn left for New York, she advised him to stop getting take out and learn how to cook food. Though he wasn't the best at it, he's still trying his best. She was right though; home cooked meals saved him money and helped him stay healthier.

He opened the door to see his friend, Matt with a big smile on his face.

"Can I come in? Did I bother you?" he asked.

"Yeah, I just finished some early dinner. What's up?"

Aubrey headed towards the couch with a glass of water on his hand.

"I'm so sorry, I can't stop smiling. I'm not tripping I swear! I'm a little dorky right now, I'm not gonna lie." Matt admitted as he took a seat at the couch as well.

Aubrey knew exactly where Matt's smug came from and he did not like it. For the past week, he has avoided Robyn at all costs. It might seem a little petty but he really did not want to see her as giddy and overjoyed over this newfound relationship. Even if there's a relationship already, he doesn't know. Was she really happy about the fact that Matt's there? Aubrey doesn't know. He imagines that she is though. He doesn't see a reason why not.

She has given him a few texts and a few phone calls but he either has not replied or just told her he was busy in the studio. Even though they live next to each other and it was hard to dodge her, he somehow managed to be successful. At this point, all he knows was that she is paying Matt enough attention to accept the dates he has asked for.

He didn't understand why he was feeling like this. They were never together, nor have they even talked about anything else beyond a friendship. The majority of his friends like Chubbs, CJ, and Niko have told him to move on along, it wasn't worth it. Is there even anything to move on from though?

"Are you listening?" Matt asked, trying to retrieve Aubrey back from his thoughts.

"What?"

"I said I'm going to take her to her favorite restaurant in Santa Monica. Have you two been there?"

"Giorgios?"

Il Ristorante di Giorgio Baldi is Robyn's favorite restaurant. Well, it became her favorite restaurant when Aubrey took her there to celebrate a successful month for her store almost seven months ago. It irked him that she's allowing another man at their go-to spots.

"Yeah, she said that place is amazing."

"It is. We've been th-" Aubrey was cutoff by Matt.

"Shit! I forgot to get flowers. Is there a place where I can get some close by??"

Aubrey knew that Robyn doesn't really like flowers; she's more of a chocolate person.

"Hmm, I don't know any off the top of my head close by but she likes those Ghirardelli dark chocolates...umm the one that says Evening Dream. She doesn't like the too bitter dark chocolates. She'll throw it away. If that's not available, she likes the Dark Sea Salt Caramel."

"Wow, thanks man. Hey okay so, I'll head out so I won't be late to get her."

Aubrey hated that he couldn't keep his mouth shut, maybe he just knew her that well. As much as he liked Matt as a friend, it bothered him that now he knows about even the chocolates that she likes. He should find that out on his own.