Chapter 19: Confessions

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to update. Honestly, I had the hardest time trying to come up with what will happen next but I'm almost sure that this story is *almost* over. Not to worry, I have another one on the way ;)

-

"Aubrey, you haven't said anything. Are you okay?"

Robyn's heart was beating so fast, it's as if it was going to pump itself out of her chest. It was as if the temperature around her increased by the minute, she can feel her skin become a little warmer. Her stomach felt like it was in little knots. Why is this happening? She imagined this moment differently in her pretty little head.

It came as a shock to her that this handsome man across from her became so timid and reserved. She at least expected him to be even just a bit happy. It's just so out of character. It was a wave of disappointment that he's not reciprocating what she just confessed. His actions said it, why is he being like this?

He looked back at her after staring into a distance.

"I'm sorry, I was just distrac-"

She swallowed down the lump she was feeling in her throat.

"Look.." she paused, somehow feeling water forming in her eyes which stung her soul, "You know what..just forget I said anything."

Robyn immediately stood up and started to walk away.

Being with him has been a roller coaster experience for her. The moment she had finally opened up, it all didn't go as planned. She couldn't believe she was going through this with him. Just a few hours ago, he had just texted her on how she left a mark on him.

"Fuck!" he told himself.

He immediately stood up and started following her. Robyn was practically sprinting out of the restaurant.

"Robs, wait up! Please."

"Please leave me alone."

Her accent was thicker and raspy than ever. He only heard it a few times like this, it's usually when she has this uncontrollable emotion running through her – usually when she's upset, sad, or mad.

She was forced to stop when she finally got near the valet parking.

It daunted on her that she actually didn't drive to get there.

"Robyn!" she heard his voice from behind her. Its deepness gave her chills down her spine.

He stood next to her.

"I get it, okay. Kinda, scared you off with all of that. Nevermind I said anything. Forget I said that." She tried to look up, but she couldn't help the one tear that fell down her cheek.

After a deep breath, he grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face him. He didn't care if there were some people around them who were starting to stare.

She turned her head to the side, avoiding any eye contact with him.

As much as he wanted to say I love you back, his mouth didn't let him. Somehow, he felt as if it wasn't fair for him open up completely when in all technicality, she hasn't either.

"We told ourselves that we wouldn't do anything until things with Matt are over..." he started

"What?"

"One whole week, Robyn. Is there a reason why you haven't told him anything?"

Robyn wondered where he got this information from but right now, it didn't matter because either way, they would still be in this situation. For the whole week, despite being with Aubrey, her mind always wandered as to how she'll tell Matt that she's been slowly yet surely falling in love with a good friend of his.