Chapter 17: Reality Check

Aubrey Drake Graham parallel parked and paid the meter for his car while he took out his phone to give Robyn a phone call. It had only been a week since their pivotal night of honesty and since then they've pretty much been on cloud nine and inseparable.

"Hey beautiful" his deep voice, "I miss you already. Get off work and come see me."

He knew he had a pull on her, in one way or another than if he were to convince her any longer, she'll say yes.

Since that night, they both avoided any responsibilities or any contact to the real world for a couple of days. They spent their nights just talking about pretty much anything and everything that came up, most of the time, they took advantage of the time they had to get to know each other better on a different level as if they didn't know each other well enough already.

The mornings were for sleeping in and was just for cuddling under the blankets. Aubrey took advantage of the times she'll have a bare face which he happen to love so much. Their afternoons were for movies, TV shows, and naps. Yes, for a short amount of time they were very domestic.

For each day, their conversations became meaningful and their kisses became deeper. It was obvious that they wanted more than the steamy yet inhibited make out sessions that they've had. It was also obvious that they both at some point stopped before anything more happened. It's not the right time just yet.

At some point, their secluded time from the world had to end because they had other responsibilities such as jobs. They had agreed not to tell anyone else about their pretty much unknown status until the right time came. It was hard for Robyn, especially, to turn off her phone and not be able to talk to anyone else about Aubrey but it was well worth it.

"You think the bouquet of roses that you sent this morning will make me ditch my work? You think you're that important huh?" Robyn played on the other side of the call.

"I know I am. You like them, gorgeous?"

"Like them? I love them. I couldn't stop staring at them. I didn't know you were sweet like that. I like this soft side of you. All my employees were jealous on how beautiful they are. Of course, they didn't know who gave it to me."

"I'll gladly shout it out, you're basically my girl."

A smile appeared from her face. She was glad he wasn't there to notice her beaming grin cause she looks like a little girl with a crush.

"That's really too bad you're stuck in the studio and you can't, huh?"

"Who said I was at the studio?"

"What?"

A knock was heard from her translucent door which had a figure of a man on the other side, holding something,  like a phone,  near his ear.

"What are you.." She trailed off as she basically hopped on her way to open the door.

She swung open the door with an unbreakable smile. Getting this surprise for him made her stomach turn in a good way. He was really treating her like a boyfriend would. He broke off his smirk to reveal his undeniably perfect smile which she loved so much.

"Do I have permission to show off the flowers?"

Robyn looked around, relieved that there wasn't anyone near.

"Shhh!" she pulled him in her office with an excitement.

It slightly bothered him that she's so coy and secretive about what they actually have. For a week, the topic of Matt has not come up and he tried his best not to mention him at all. All this time, there has been a question that's been lingering in the back of his mind that he's been dying to ask but cannot at all.