Chapter 17

Lilith's POV~
The next few weeks are as boring as school. Hospital trips to visit Cole are limited to 3 per day per person, meanwhile, we are having to do his missing schoolwork for him, so his teachers think he's doing it. The school knows nothing yet, and our grandparents are trying to keep it that way until he wakes up.

A few days after the "accident",the doctor came in to tell us that he has been induced into a coma until he can try to properly wake up on his own. If his organs don't function correctly like they're supposed to, they have to wake him up by electricity and pain. I honestly feel bad, like brutally bad, for Cole. He didn't deserve this. None of us did.

And yet here we are, in a hospital room, 5 weeks after Cole's "accident", and he is still showing no progress. I'm beginning to think that, that should be my life's motto. After my mom, and aunts died, we have made no progress whatsoever on what, who, or how they got killed, or when Cole will wake. Yet, even when this whole thing will blow over.

Today, Cole showed remarkable dream readings from the monitor next to his hospital bed. The doctors actually think it's time to take him out of a coma, to see if he can adjust.

"What's taking so long? I mean don't they just have to poke a few needles, and we can take him home?" Nathan suggests.
"It's definitely not that easy, kid," Grandpa says.

We are all waiting around the waiting room hence the name, haha, when the doctors come out the door and notify us that we can go in, and that his body accepted the awakening, and that he should be awake in the next few hours.

"Cole, please. Wake up. We need you. Rory is getting away every second that you are staying asleep... we need your charm, charisma, and a-athletic ab-abilities..." I teared up at every word as I was speaking.
I was full on crying now, and stopped a few minutes to rest my head on his arm.

Suddenly, movement from Cole's arm was more now than ever, and I looked up just in time to see the smallest word forming in his mouth, "okay".

Now everyone was full on crying, and not just because he has spoken. He was awake, and in front of us. Us. We are a family, and nothing can separate us... except for the incoming doctors and nurses.

"Out, out, out! I want everyone out except for the patient," Dr. Homure says.
We waited in the waiting room for what felt like ages, when the doctor came out.
"He's good to go. He can leave in 3 days, and all vitals are stable. See you soon," he forms, kind of happy for us.

Those 3 days pass by so quickly, and before we all know it, Cole is sitting at home, feet propped up on an ottoman, butt on the couch, arms sprawled everywhere... that's our Cole.

"Here's what's up for debate: do we follow Rory? Or do we get him to us, so we can follow steadily?" Leo says.

"How about... none of that. I kind, of secretly came up with a plan after a dream I had, that turned into a vision," Cole debriefs us on his plan, next.

"Rory needs to fly into space, and we have to follow him. I had a vision that he was holding me captive, and that we passed your shuttle on the way to the International Space Station. The pilot wasn't looking, and we crashed into it. Now we need to follow that plan... just the part where I don't get killed. " Cole adds for us.

"Good thinking, dude." Nathan says.

____________________________________________________________
Nobody's POV~

The seven grandchildren huddle around the couches as they prepare the perfect plan... destroying the man that killed their parents and Aunt will never be more scared than now.

THE END!!!
The sequel will be up soon so be prepared.
Did you like it?
XOXO~ Lilly
See you in the next book!