one

053116; sunday 2 AM

aria's point of view

"what's wrong with you?"

shivers went down my spine when my dad used his strong voice to tell me to clean up the mess i made. fragments of a glass beer bottle was sprawled onto the floor, staining the kitchen tiles. i grabbed a nearby rag from the cabinet and started to wipe up the intoxicated liquid. "don't use that! use a damn mop." his tone of voice and choice of words caused a tear to roll down my cheek.

"make sure you sweep all the broken glass, aria." he spoke upon me before leaving the kitchen. "matthew!" my father called out my older brother from his bedroom upstairs. seconds later, i heard his footsteps coming down the stairs. he glanced at me with apologetic look as if this was his fault even if it wasn't.

"get me another beer." the old, bald guy that we lived with commanded poor matthew. matthew was the only man in this household, to be honest. i noticed matthew rolling his eyes, while opening the refrigerator door. "that was the last one, dad." matthew informed my dad, who was sitting on his recliner in the living room.

"fuck, aria." he angrily huffed.

him, and his precious beer.

"i'm going to sleep. make sure to shut the lights off and secure the house, matthew." he reminded him. before he made his way to his bedroom, he poured himself a glass of water. "aria, what's taking you so long? stop crying and clean faster!" he shouted once more. matthew just watched me being pushed around. i knew matthew was tired of seeing me like this, but he knew that he wasn't able to stop my dad. nobody was able to.

"here, aria. go to bed. i'll clean it up." matthew grabbed a mop and insisted into cleaning up the remaining mess. "thank you matt." i mumbled into his shoulder as we hugged. "just get some rest." he rubbed my back and smiled.

i didn't want to leave him to clean my mess, but we would just end up arguing and i'll end up losing. i did what my brother told me to do. i laid  in bed, staring up at the ceiling.

i'm a fragile child with so much weight to carry

my eyes grew heavy as my thoughts got deeper.
later, i drown in dark thoughts with my dreams pulling my mind into another dimension.

sean's point of view

"what's wrong with you?" i laughed at my older sister, serris. there she was, laying flat on the floor after tripping on the stairs. "i fell." she muttered, while her face was flat on the floor just like the rest of her body. "i can tell, serris." i chuckled. "just be quiet and help me up." she extended her hand out as i brought her back on her feet again. "i tripped on my own foot." she giggled. "oh, serris. are you dumb?" i joked. "oh, sean. are you smart?" she poked me nose and my nose scrunched up. "don't touch my nose." i pouted. "you don't own me." she laughed and ran off. i chased her around in circles in the living room. later, we heard a door slam in the back door in the kitchen and keys were thrown on the counter top. "sean, wait." serris pulled me out of sight and placed her finger on my mouth, gesturing me to keep quiet.

"why do you do this?" my mother had disappointment in her voice. "do what?" i heard my dad's voice, but it sounded like if he was a drunk person. "you embarrassed me in front of my family. you always do this to me. i try to convince my family that you're a good person, but instead you drink and mess up things!" she replied with anger.

"serris?"

i was worried.
i did not know what was going on, but judging by the sound of my mom's voice, something is wrong.
i was too young to understand this.

"sean, let's go to bed." she dragged me upstairs and into my bedroom. the sound of my parents arguing faded as we went farther into the halls.

"what's wrong with mommy and dad?" i asked my sister with worry. "just go to sleep. you wouldn't understand, sean." she shook her head and planted a kiss on my forehead. "good night, serris i smiled. "good night, sean." she waved before closing the door.

i do not understand.
but i want to.
i need someone to help me understand.