ten

aria's point of view

"aria?" i heard mom call me as i walked in the house. i just came from a birthday bash that was hosted by june at his family's lakeside cabin.

"aria, is that you?" mom whimpered from afar. "it's aria, where are you?" the room was dark and hazy for some sort. "i'm in the kitchen." she responded after a strong inhale. she sat on the cold, tiled floors with her face buried in her hands. i just stood there in shock. "m-mom?" i finally had the urge to speak. she looked up and her whole face had devastation in it.

but i started getting dizzy. my surroundings became blurry. i couldn't focus on mom. i gained focus again and could see mom again. she and i were in the same place, but the room had better lighting and it seem happier than before. "where are they?" i asked, referring to dad and matthew. "are you okay, hun? matthew's moved out for college, and we left dad." she answered. "really?" i started to tear up and mom pulled me into a hug. "aria." she sang as she hugged me. i buried my face into her shoulder and i felt like a storm came crashing to me again.

i opened my eyes and i was back in that dark, hazy room. mom started to bawl her eyes out again and i remained in a hug with mom. i want to wake up.

sean's point of view

after how many attempts of trying to sleep, i just couldn't.  i could feel so many movements and the loud shuffles on the bed. i checked to see aria and it looked like something was bothering her. i lean on the bed, shaking her awake. "aria?" i continued to shake her. she slowly started to wake up. i sat on the comfy duvet right beside her, leaning on the headboard.
i slid my arms under her neck and pulled her body closer to mine. she curled her body and inhaled softly. i felt my eyelids getting heavy.

-

a knock came to my door. aria and i were still in the same sleeping position. "sean? josh is here for you." my mom told me at the door. "okay." i answered. i looked at my clock and it was ten o'clock in the morning. i walked to the door and glanced at aria, who was still asleep. i saw josh sitting in the living room. "hey." i waved. "are you busy?" he asked. "uh- kinda." i stuttered. "you know what, man. maybe another time." he smiled, but i can still sense the disappointment from him. "wait, can a friend come along?" i asked. "yeah, sure. who?" "do you remember aria?"

-

"damn, sean. she's on your bed." josh was stupidly amazed. "stop staring at her." i hit his shoulder. aria slowly woke up from her slumber and turned towards us. "um?" she sounded annoyed, while she was squinting her eyes. "sorry, aria." we both apologized at the same time. 

"hey, josh." aria smiled, sitting up. "so, aria. how do you feel about bowling?" josh offered. after maybe a minute of having some thoughts, she shrugged. "i'd love to come along, but i don't have anything i need to get ready." "you can wash up in their guest bathroom and wear some of sean's clothes." josh commanded and nudged his elbow to my arm. aria turns to me. "yeah, uh, there's a couple of shirts and hoodies in that closet." i awkwardly scratched the back of my head. "okay, yay! hurry and we can get going!" josh threw his fists in the air and immediately left to the living room.

-

josh and i were waiting for aria to finish freshening up. "dude, she was on your bed." he started to be amazed again. "yeah, she needed a place to sleep." "she was like your crush or something before, right?." he hit elbow to my arm repeatedly, while lifting his eyebrows. "she has a boyfriend and even if she didn't, she wouldn't go for me."

aria's point of view

i got into sean's clothes, but i remained in my jeans. i wore his maroon t-shirt under his black hoodie, my jeans with a ripped opening where my knees were, and my vans high-tops. i walked downstairs to where josh and sean were waiting, but something caught my attention. "she has a boyfriend and even if she didn't, she wouldn't go for me." sean said with his spirit low. i stopped in my tracks and i continued to listen in on the conversation. "don't say that, sean." josh gave advice. "she's already happy with her boyfriend, june. he takes care of her." sean fired back.

june was someone i relied on for awhile. it sucks to know that sean feels like he's not capable to make me happy or secure, when really, he does. i'm at fault for leaving him in the dark and forgetting about him.

about a minute later, i revealed myself to them. "hey." sean smiled. "you should shop at sean's closet more often." josh smiled widely. "don't you think, sean?" josh softly hit sean's arm. "uh, yeah, i guess." he said, while rubbing his arm. "we should get going." i walked out the door.