thirteen

author's point of view

there was the self-conflicted girl. it was 2 AM and her head was a wild conundrum.

she grabbed a thick, cozy blanket and wrapped the soft piece of fabric around her freezing body. she made her way outside after slipping into her comfy pair of furry flip flops. her small pale feet slowly took quiet steps as she was hoping she wouldn't wake anyone. before heading out the side door located in the kitchen, she poured herself a cup of green tea. her favorite.

her hair was up in a messy bun with small strands hanging from the sides of her face. her eyes made it look like she hasn't had sleep in days, but really it was just hours. her cheeks and nose were a bit pink, almost red. she looked like a mess. heck, she felt like one.

the small morning breeze blew against her tired face. she took a seat on the curb and waited.

she took a look at sean's house. it was a few houses down, opposite from her side of the road. her mind began to think of what he could possibly be dreaming of. her mind began to think of a lot of irrelevant things at that moment.

until finally, there he was. june.

he, too, looked tired. she almost felt guilty that she had to call him at this time of day.

he shut his car door close and the first he did was smile at her. "so, how's my little rebel doing?" he rubbed his hand against her head, which made her hair even more messy. "not the greatest." her head was low, falling against his heavy chest. they both sat on the curb in the empty street.

"i'm a horrible girlfriend." she buried her face in her hands, full of regret. "well, i'm a horrible boyfriend." he chuckled. "what, no you're not?" i took his hand. "no, aria..." the tension thickened. "i did things...while you were gone." he had trouble getting the words out, but it was far from late to take it back. relief actually filled her spirit.

"i kissed a girl at this one party." he said nervously as he rubbed his arm.

"wow." she said with disbelief. "i know, aria, i'm so stu-" aria stopped him before he could say more. "no, no, no. you don't need to apologize. this just proves that we're a pair of dumbasses that can't trust each other." june looked at her with confusion written all over his face. "i did something when you weren't there as well..." he grew quiet, but i knew he had some sort of relief too.

that talk was such a turn of events.

the two continued talking about their fun car rides, hilarious pranks on their teachers, and their many foolish arguments. that was until they saw the dark sky now fading back to color, not noticing how much time they spent talking about many memories.

"thank you, june." the black haired girl hugged the light brown haired boy as he entered his convertible. "if you ever need more late night talks, you know who to call." he mumbled into her hair.

it was officially their final hug. the last hug she'll ever have from him.

as the boy drove off, she waved and couldn't help but smile and sigh with full relief.

it was now 5 AM. she surrounded herself with her black fluffy blanket and grabbed her tea cup that was now empty. she made her way back to her bedroom. on her way there, she heard someone in the shower and she automatically assumed it's her father, getting ready for work. this made her feel more better.

walking into her bedroom, she tossed her body onto her bed and stared at her ceiling once more until her eye lids felt heavy.

-

sean's point of view

"sean..." i felt a sting on my shoulder, which woke me up. "this was like the fifth time your alarm went off and you still haven't woken up. sean..." i heard serris complained. i was still exhausted from class that i took the night before, so i had no motivation to get out of bed. next thing i knew, i felt a dog against my face and she started to lick my cheek. "alright, oreo, that's enough."