three

sean's point of view

it was just a dream.

"sean?" she called and i looked up at her. "i was just kidding, sean. i sighed in relief.

"so, ready to go in?" she asked after she stood and towered over me. i nodded my head slowly.

sean's current high school days

here i was. walking into the halls of high school alone. today wasn't special, it was like every other day. going to school and hanging around with a few friends.

aria? oh, i still think of her almost every day. throughout the years, she changed and met other people. i guess i was a boring coward to hang out with, so she found someone better. but i honestly don't know why. i do know that i miss her like crazy and it hurts that i see her every day at school yet i still don't have the guts to go up to her in confidence.

most days, i remembered all her pranks that i assisted her with and after each one, she'd convince me to smile and she'd poke my dimples before going home.

-

"hey, sean. i'll be with will in the library." josh informed me. they go every other morning to study. i nodded my head in response and he jogged towards will's direction.

classes started in a few minutes, meaning i needed to do something in the meantime.

i randomly walked through the empty hallways, sneaking to the school's gym. i tried finding the light switch and once the lights came on, a small arena appeared. i only switched on the center lights that made the gym have a spotlight. every time i took a step, the sound echoed through the spacious room. finally, i played my music and danced away.

-

so, i safely made my way to my class, but just not on time. now, i had detention for a couple of minutes after school to arrange the storage in the classroom.

"how were you late anyway?" josh asked. "i told you already. i had to get my math textbook from my classmate, ken." I explained, annoyed. "why kenneth san jose?" he asked again. "you know what? i'm gonna be late for detention. see ya later." i tried to get away from his questions as fast as i could so, i had to make an excuse. before leaving, we did our handshake.

i slowly walked to ms. vause's classroom, basically looking like a lifeless human. "sean, settle down and can you take those books in the back closet?" she questioned and i really had no choice. i stacked the heavy science books into the dusty, old closet. the dust got everywhere and i couldn't help but sneeze.

"bless you." i heard ms. vause's voice. "thank you." I politely thanked. "why, you're welcome, charles."